XXXVII

Michael started spending more time with Thomas. Specifically because Thomas said he wasn't going to pull any moves since Michael was taken, and that he had an ex who he was starting to talk to again, anyway. Michael believed it. He didn't know if Thomas was lying, but when he provided the name Felipe and a picture with it, he assumed he wasn't lying. But he could have been doing the exact same thing that Michael was doing. Lying.

Michael invited Thomas to his group meet up with his 'squad.' There were more people there than usual, but only because Raine had a lot to talk about. She was the kind of girl who could never keep her mouth shut. And oh, Michael was really praying she wouldn't mention pairing him up with Calum, because then Thomas would know the truth and he'd be fucked.

"So listen, I have an two extra tickets to see TØP, and I don't have anybody to take, so if you want, I can give you one ticket and the other can go to your boyfriend."

"Are you serious?" Michael nearly choked, gripping onto the seat of the bus that they were sitting in. This was as great of news as it was when hearing he was able to see Halsey. That was a great day, aside from when Calum had grabby hands over another girl, but who remembers that? Michaels trying not to. "Of course I'd kill to see one of my favorite bands. Oh my god, yes."

"But there's a catch."

"What?" Michael quirked, feeling uneasy at Thomas's sudden tone. The TØP concert was in less than a week. One day before Valentine's Day. "Please don't tell me it's something bad."

"No no, calm down," Thomas laughed, clenching onto his stomach as he stared into Michael's green eyes, "I just want to meet Calum if he's the one you decide to bring."

"B-But-"

"Something wrong?"

"No, of course not," Michael smiled flatly, "I can arrange for you two to meet up tonight."

"Sounds perfect."

By the time the two arrived at the abandoned gas station, Thomas had already tried pulling something on Michael without the dirty blonde realizing. He was too focused on thinking about Raine spilling the truth that he wouldn't be able to continue on with the lie.

"Guys, this is Thomas."

"I have a mouth that I can introduce myself with," Thomas laughed, shaking the hands of everybody there. Everyone looked awkward, but something was off. Luke wasn't there. And neither was Ashton. His best friend and his new friend. Where could they possibly be?

"Sorry," Michael mumbled, suddenly feeling small. He was supposed to be the badass here, not the kitten. He was only a kitten around Calum. He was his kitten but nobody needed to know that. Not even Michael himself.

The dirty blonde decided to pull his phone out while Thomas wasn't looking to arrange the meet up with Calum.

Michael ; My friend Thomas wants to meet you tonight. He doesn't believe that you're real.

It was only seconds later that Michael received a text back.

Calum ; Oh really? That's strange. I'm pretty booked though, Michael. I have practice tonight.

Michael ; Can you squeeze a meet up in at all?

Michael sighed, pocketing his phone back in his pocket, knowing that Calum wouldn't answer for a while. He was probably too busy with his family to care about texting back.

"As you all know, I gathered you here today to chat about a couple of weird things that have been happening lately."

Michael was blanking out. He usually cares about what Raine has to say, because she's become like a sister for him, somebody who wants to protect him from all danger. It makes him happy, but he can't focus. Not when Thomas is trying to meet Calum who is supposedly his 'boyfriend'.