XIX

Today was the day Michael was seeing Halsey, and yeah, he was freaking the actual fuck out. The lilac haired boy dialed Ashton's number because he wanted to thank his best friend a million times for setting up such a wonderful opportunity, but he didn't get around to the thanking part. It wasn't because he was selfish, he just genuinely couldn't handle what was about to happen tonight. And the worst part about it was that he wasn't sure if he was more excited to be spending the night with Calum or just because he was seeing H a l s e y. Perhaps both.

"I'm seeing my fucking idol tonight," Michael rambled as he ran his fingers through his hair, "do you know how huge this is? She's probably in my state right now, breathing the same air as me."

"That's great," Ashton giggled, and Michael rolled his eyes because he was probably making out with Andy again. Michael really doesn't like Andy. Ashton would look so much cuter with Luke.

"She probably went to the music store and met Luke and he probably took ten pictures and all of them would slay my existence. That bitch," Michael clenched onto his juice box, then squealed when realizing his grape juice leaked all over his carpet. Cleaning that up will be a major pain in the ass.

"Dude, relax, you'll probably meet her tonight and Halsey will ship you with Calum and the two of you will end up having sex in your apartment after the show, its fine," Ashton reiterated, though even Michael could tell his best friend was excited that their relationship was growing. He really just wanted the lilac haired boy to be happy.

"Okay, I'm calm," Michael replied, as if his heart wasn't beating at the mention of Calum's name, "can you come down and hang for a bit? I'm in the mood to find some new music and you're the best when it comes to finding some cool tracks."

"Sure, just give me ten."

After a while of waiting, Ashton eventually showed up in some really ugly shorts and a weird unicorn shirt, but hey, Michael wasn't judging. If Ashton thought it was punk rock, then whatever. There's nothing wrong with living that way.

The two walked into the music store, talking about nearly everything, despite spending the day together a while back, and yeah, they had a lot to catch up on, even though they talk on the phone everyday. It was just their thing.

"- And anyway, Andy was totally flirting with the waitress at Village Inn, and I swear, I wanted to stab her with a fucking popsicle stick."

"She's probably just a snotty bag of nipples, dude," Michael reiterated with a laugh, and Ashton laughed as well because he can remember when Michael first made that joke and it's still gold. Maybe it can be their inside joke.

Ashton's giggle was so loud and adorable that even Luke recognized it. His ears nearly popped out of his head and he found himself adjusting his work attire before attempting to stand in an attractive way so Ashton would notice him.

"Good day, Michael. Good day, Ashton," Luke mumbled, his breath seeming uneven as he wiped his palms against the pocket of his jeans. The curly haired lad didn't even notice.

"Wait, were you talking to me?" Ashton said with a small smile on his face, though his eyes were elsewhere. He was just curious about the music store, not about Luke.

"Uh, no," Luke said, kneeling down so Ashton wouldn't see his flustered face, "carry on with whatever you were doing, sorry."

Michael felt bad for the guy, but tagged his best friend along into the gothic section anyway, as it was his favorite place to be.

"So, where do we start?"

-

Calum and Michael were officially finding their seats for the Halsey concert. The brunette continuously asked questions about why she called herself that and what type of music she sang, to which Michael replied with you'll see, it's fucking fantastic. And yeah, the lilac boy wasn't lying but Calum didn't know that. He wasn't into this type of music, despite looking like he was.