Ten

-Jack-

Mark was leaning against our lockers the next day at school. I was still so happy about yesterday that I ran over to him and gave him a big hug.

He laughed happily as he hugged me back. “Someone is happy to see me.”

I looked up at him and blushed. It didn’t seem to bother him, he seemed so comfortable to have me hugging him. “Well I’m just glad that I can calm down.”

He patted my head. “Don’t freak out on me like that ever again, you hear me?”

I nodded and smiled. “I promise I won’t.”

The bell rang and he draped his arm around my shoulder. “Let’s go to class.”

All through my classes I couldn’t get Mark out of my head. We was so close to kissing each other but he had to kiss my forehead instead and call me a little kid. I should’ve been upset over it but it made something spark in me even more because it was a start for our friend ship to start moving in another direction. I decided on my own to stop being so afraid to show my emotions to him so I was going to start acting more open with him. However, I wasn’t going to come out and tell him I seriously like him just yet.

Instead of sitting across from Mark during lunch, I decided to sit next to him. “You want to do something after school?” he asked.

“I don’t mind honestly.” I said with a shrug.

Mark sighed and looked at me slightly. “There’s actually something I want us to do soon…”

I looked at him curiously. “What is it?”

“I want you, Holly, and me to all hang out one day. I just think we all can become close friends.”

For some reason, I felt myself get upset when he said it. “Why do you think we could?” I asked.

He wasn’t able to answer because two seniors sat in front of us. They were the same seniors that we got in a fight with last week. Mark gave them both a hard look. “What do you two want?”

They both looked at each other and laughed. “We can seat here, we’re not bothering you two.”

Mark continued to give them hard looks. “We don’t want you sitting here.”

One smirked. “What? You just want the space to you and your little boyfriend there?”

I stared at him surprised as Mark started to get mad. The other one continued with, “We saw you two holding hands as you waited for the bus in the morning yesterday.”

Mark raised his eyebrow at them. “What’s it to you?”

One held their hands up in defense and chuckled. “No no. It’s nothing to us. But tell me Mark, when did you turn all gay for that little green ugly boy?”

Then it happened. Mark punched the guy in the face making him bounce back. His friend tried to swing back at Mark but I quickly jumped out my seat and took the punch for him. It just made Mark angrier and people started to gather around us. Mark went over and hit both of them repeatedly but it was becoming too much for him as they both brought him to the ground. I decided to go over and help him.

I pulled one guy off of Mark and punched him in the gut and the face then his friend came over and punched me back but I refused to go down and swung back. Mark finally got up from the floor and pulled them both away from me. He stared them down as blood ran down our faces and then he started to yell.

“Don’t you dare say anything about Jack, okay?! That’s his name. Remember that for next time!” He pushed them away from us and held me to him. “And if we ever got together, it would be no concern to you, to none of you!”

I looked at Mark who was breathing heavily. He was holding me so tightly and he was shaking slightly. Nate came in and yelled, "Everyone sit down! What’s going on here?"

Mark’s body all of sudden felt heavy on me and when I looked at him, his eyes were closed and he was no longer moving. My nerves started running wild. “Mark…?” I whispered.

No respond. I looked over at Nate and yelled, “Call 911!"

Nate saw Mark then ran out the lunch room. Everyone gathered around me again. I put him on the floor and started to shake him to see if he would wake up. My body was filled was nerves as I was ready to break down.

And I did.

Tears blended in with the blood that was streaming from my nose and lip. I turned around to face the two seniors still standing there like idiots.

"I swear to God you two...If anything happens to Mark, I will make you both pay!"

They looked down at their shoes from guilt. I turned back to Mark as I kept crying. All I could do was hope that he would be okay...

-----

A/n: So how's this part? Is it too much? :'(