✣ || NINE

Hello darlings! I apologize for the wait! I've been super busy this past few months with college and job applications stuff. And sorry if this chapter is bad; its been a while since I last updated this story, so im getting back to the swing of things. Also thank you so much for 30k reads! I love you guys! xx
•••
[CHAPTER TEN]
•••

As I look at my surroundings, I glanced up my surroundings, my jaw dropped down into awe.

This is where they live?!

It was like a mansion! Well, technically this is a mansion -- I know. From the previous gifts I've received from Rebekah, it was no secret that the Mikaelson's were filthy stinkin' rich.

"Rosie!" a female's voice called.

Speak of the devil.

I give her a small smile as she sauntered gracefully over to me,

"I'm so happy that you made it love! My family looks forward to meeting you." she gushed, wrapping her arms around my body for a hug. I return the gesture carefully, not wanting to ruin her dress. Which she looked gorgeous in, to be honest. Bekah was beautiful, and I could almost feel jealousy ping at the bottom of my stomach. Which shouldn't be happening, but I can't help it.

I walk with the blonde Original around the household as we make some conversation, and we passed by Klaus, which unfortunately to my luck, was talking to another woman. Well, until he noticed me of course. The expression on his face was difficult to read, and suddenly felt uncomfortable with the attire I was wearing, also very fluttered. I could feel my cheeks starting to grow warm, pushing my hair back in order to recompose myself.

Rebekah gave me a small nudge with her elbow, which allowed me to snap out of my pitiful thoughts of doubt and insecurity

"Are you alright dear?" she gazed at me with concern.

"Ye-yeah, I'm fine." I try to reassure her, but she wasn't taking it.

She must have sensed my discomfort somehow since, hello, she was a vampire. And a very old one at that. Sometimes I would wonder what her actual age is, but never do.

One must never ask a lady of her age.

Rebekah had finally noticed what had me so worried and smiled sadly, leading me away from the scene. I guess she knew how much I liked Klaus, even if I didn't notice it myself.

Maybe she was prettier than I am, and maybe he liked her more than me. Last I checked, we haven't really gotten along that much ever since I spoke my mind defending Rebekah.

"Does that sound like a really good idea?" I zone back in to the conversation.

"What?" Crap. I did it again!

"Rosie, are you sure you're alright?" Bekah was starting to really look worried for me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Really. I just have a habit of spacing out is all.. Happens almost every day."