✣ || SEVEN

•••
"So wait, you're a vampire?!"
My mind was spinning, and it was difficult to wrap my head around the subject.

I knew there was something going on at Mystic Falls, but vampires? This reminds me of freakin' Twilight. Maybe they sparkled in the sunlight. Or actually burst in to flames.

I felt sick to my stomach, and my vision began to blur as I began to feel dizzy.

"Rosie. Hey, stay with me hon." Caroline's voice danced in and out of my hearing. And another pair of arms helped to keep me steady.

"Damon, take her home." I recognized Stefan's voice, and my blurry vision fixed in on Elena too, and I eventually woke up again in my
own house. Ava sat at the table with Caroline coloring a picture with Elena, both Salvatore brothers sat down watching me.
Were they going to drink my blood? Well they sort of have to. They're vamps for crying out loud! I grit my teeth together at the thought.

"Hey. How're ya doin?"

"You lied to me." My voice was so quiet they wouldn't be able to hear me without their inhuman hearing.

The brothers glanced at one another, and they almost looked sympathetic.

"Rosie-"

"Why didn't you guys tell me?" My voice rises a little, but not so much as to scaring my sister. She hates it when I raise my voice, so whenever she's in trouble, she only gets a timeout.

"We wanted to tell you. We really did. But figuring that you would figure it out yourself, we just wanted to keep you safe."

I scoffed, but don't say anything else. It took me a couple of weeks to cool down, and during that time the gang was ignored.  Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie included. Not only did vampires exist, but so did werewolves, witches, and dopplegängers. Great, just absolutely peachy. My home town surrounded by mystical goons and gobblers. Rebekah comforts me about it, and she finally told me the truth about herself and her family, and how Klaus truly was.

Once I was through with my silent treatment, Damon taught me everything there is to know about the supernatural, and ended up staying up later than usual. He found me asleep by the computer desk.

"Rose. Rosie."
A gentle hand shakes me awake. And groggily I opened my eyes.
"Hmm?"

"Were you doing research all night?"
The amusement was obvious in his tone.

"Mmmhmmm." I nod, my palms flat on the wood, hair splayed in all directions as Damon let out another chuckle.

"C'mon kiddo, lets get you to bed."
He moves to pick me up, and I mumble incoherent words as the blue eyed Salvatore takes me upstairs to my  room.

The next morning I get a text from Elena asking if she can come over. Not very sure if that was a good idea, I wait about fifteen minutes before answering her. She never told me. And I was still kinda mad about it.

When the door bell rang, I roll my eyes thinking it was Elena. This girl just doesn't know the meaning of personal space. I get that she cares for me and all, but then again she lied. And friends aren't supposed to lie to each other.

But once I open the door and saw no one was there, annoyance bubbles in my blood thinking it was some ding-dong ditch crap, until I see the envolope on the door mat. As well as a large white box. Now curious as to what it was, I bent down to find my name in a flowing and graceful penmanship.

Rosemary Duchannes.

Funny. No one ever uses my real name.

Closing the front door I go pick up the two items and go back to my room, opening the envolope to see that it was an invitation.

Please join the Mikaelson family this evening at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails and celebration.

Then on the back I find another  note.

This dress brings out your eyes. Hopefully you will attend, my family is estatic to meet you.
-Bekah

Of course it was the blond. With a small smile I open the lid of the box, seeing the most gorgeous dress. The material itself was enough to make my breath hitch. It was floor length, a light chiffon blue, alongside some earrings, hairpieces, and a pair of silver heels.

There was no way I can pay Rebekah. It was beautiful, yes, but it must have cost a fortune. Well, then again she was crazy rich. But the ball actually sounded like fun though, and I've never met Bekah's family. Just hope that they actually like me.

My two cases were already solved, and I was waiting for word from Sherriff Forbes if there were anything else happening. But for now, acting like a normal teenager for once sounded like a good idea.

Plus Ava needed me, and I haven't really been home. Speak of the devil, I could hear the little footsteps approach my room.

"What's up kid?" I asked as she sauntered up to me and I place her on my lap.

"Nothin. What the pretty dwess fowr?"

"Well, I'm going to a fancy party with auntie
Rebekah tonight, so I'm gonna call Shelby so she can hang out with you."

Shelby was Ava's caretaker, a young and hip brunette with a petite body frame and kind eyes, also she absolutely adored the small six year old. I give her a kiss on the forehead and go to meet the girls at the Grill.
•••
"So the Original family is throwing a ball? Like an actual ball?"

Elena takes another bite from her fries.

"Its some twisted Cinderella fetish is what it is." Caroline comments with annoyance laced in her tone.

"So I take that you don't wanna go then?"
I ask her.

"No, of course not." But I could tell that she meant something totally different. Caroline wasn't the type of person to deny this kind of event, but I keep my mouth shut.

"What time is this stupid dance?"

•••
Sorry it took so long <3