𝟶𝟸. 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕖𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘

"Fight or flight. Two actions, one result. What you choose is your destined fate."

•••

ROSIE BLINKED A FEW TIMES before turning back to the man, swearing she had seen him before. Or maybe the brunette was going out of her mind. Because it was so much easier to confuse people these days, right? Right?! It was the only way to explain it.

But I swear I saw him somewhere before.

Her mind had to be playing tricks on her.. for he was basically carved by the gods.
And just by the mischievous glint in his eyes, it was obvious that he was trouble.

But what was it about him that draws her in?

To her luck, the man noticed Rosie staring at him and smirked. There was something familiar about thar smirk. Forcing herself to turn away the young woman wipes down another table before tossing in the apron for the night.

"See ya soon El." She calls to Elizabeth, or Ella, the kind woman who hired her almost two years ago.

"Alright. Later Rose."
I turn to round the table and saw the man with blue eyes staring at me once more with that same darn smirk, making my legs turn to jello.. And thankfully I didn't collapse like the clumsy idiot I was known to be.

Quickly I stamp my place card and got out of there, somehow knowing that his glance was following me right up to where I passed the windows, and couldn't be seen past that. I didn't know whether to be relieved or disappointed. Shaking my head, I walk to my car, and start the ignition, driving to Elena's to pick up my sister.

She tells me all about her day as I make dinner for the evening, listening while dazing off into my own thoughts. Now I'm not being rude, for I still am listening. I just daze off alot. Scooping Ava's pasta into her Cinderella bowl, I could've sworn there was someone in the window.

I'm going crazy now.

It was all supposed to be a part of my imagination. But I swore the man was there. Nearly dropping my own food I just turn around and try to forget what was happening.

But he was still there. His gaze littrally almost burned holes in my back.

"Rose-bug?" Her little voice snapped me out of my trance.

My sister just stares at me with wide eyes.

"You otay?"

"Yeah, I just- got distracted. Now eat up."
She nods as I help cut her spaghetti and then scooped some of my own, and we continue on from the previous conversation, with the feeling being watched the whole entire time.

•••
That night I pretty much had no sleep. I worried about Ava, who was past asleep in the next room. And with that guy prowling about-- though I'm not even certain that it's real-- it puts me on edge even more.

My number one priority was Ava; futhermore, that little girl was all I had left for family.

Changed with my curtains closed, I turn off my lamp, being sure to sleep with one eye open.
•••
The whole two hours of attempted slumber were uneventful, for I wasn't able to get any for a good majority of the night. What if that figure comes back? What if he comes in and shanks the both of us? What if-