𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙: 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣

Thud!!

ROSIE DROPS THE LAST BOX OF CASE FILES ONTO HER BED, letting out a heavy sigh as she wipes off tiny beads of sweat with the back of her hand. She seriously had no muscle mass whatsoever.

Detective work seemed like it was fun-- and it is for the most part. The only thing that sucked balls was carrying heavy ass boxes full of missing posters and files of dead people.

Sitting at her desk, she concentrated on the files; soft pitter patters of rain hit gently against the roof of her house as the young woman studied the various color lines connecting to different clues; the taste of victory was close on her tongue. Or so she thought. None of the clues were adding up, no matter how many times Rosie crossed check them.

Hitting another dead end, the brunette crumpled up her failing notes and toss them to the bin, ocean hues resembling a storm with her frustration. What was she missing?

Snap out of it. You're Rosie frickin Duchannes! If anyone can figure this out, its you.

Her over working mind scolds. And it was true. Growing up Ro was nicknamed Mini Sherlock Holmes, only because her mother was a detective at one point. So it wasn't so much of guess she wanted to follow those footsteps.

Since Rosie was young she wanted to be like her mother; to help people. It was the best feeling to be able to do that.

A smart mind is a strong mind. That's what her mother always said. She was Rosie's hero... as well the young female's role model. However, tragedy struck four years ago when she died in a house fire.. along with Rosie's twin sister; Sophie. That was the only case she never solved.

Perhaps that was the reason why Rosie is the way she is. Constantly looking for answers despite everyone telling her to give up.

Though fear of the unknown makes Rosie good at her job, it became rather unhealthy sometimes.... Since she had sole custody of Ava; her younger sister.

The two were in a foster home until Rosie was old enough, making the silent promise to provide for the both of them. Ava was only six, so it was up to the older Duchannes to pay the bills accordingly. Plus their lousy excuse of a father didn't even want the girls to know who he was, so they had to grow up without him. Rosie's sister was her responsibility now.

Working two jobs was pretty tough at nineteen years old, so Rosie did online courses.

Though she wasn't rolling in dough,
it was enough to keep a roof over their heads and food in their stomach. Elena and Caroline often help her out by babysitting Ava during the times Rosie didn't have work, or she takes her to daycare.

Speaking of... she should probably call boss number one. Placing her notes to the side, Rosie pulled out her phone, and was answered on the fourth right.

"Hey sheriff, just wanted to give a heads up that I'm gonna drop off Ava at Elena's house before coming in today."

"No problem Rosie. What time will you be here?"

"Same time as planned. But you know I get side tracked with the little munchkin, so I'll most likely be a bit late." The older Duchannes mused with a chuckle.

"I reckon you remember what Care was like around that age?" The older woman let out a groan.

"Oh yes I do. Don't have any monsters of your own yet kid. They're a whole lotta work with a vacuum for your money."