Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

Ash

***************

     When Kat kissed me it felt like I was on cloud nine. She was my angel sent from above, but she was also cast to hell as my mate. Being with her feels like heaven, somewhere I will never be able to go. Being a vampire means I'm a creature made by another from hell. We are hell's pets. I don't want that for Kat, but I don't know if I'll be able to let her go for anything.

     I got so close to claiming her as my own, but I don't think her mother would appreciate me taking her daughter when she was downstairs. We walked down the stairs hand in hand to Layla, Camerine, and Janice. They were waiting patiently in the living room with glasses of iced tea in their hands. Kat let go of my hand and rushed to her friends embracing them tightly. She broke away from them and hugged her mother. She started to cry softly. Kat broke away from her mother and ran back to me. She buried her head into my chest as I wrapped my arms around her tightly. I made hushing noises softly, trying to calm her down.

     When she calmed down enough, I pulled back and led her to the love seat taking her hand, but she shook her head and led me to the one person seat. She pushed me to sit down and climbed onto my lap innocently, placing her head in the crook of my neck. I grabbed her thigh furthest from me and rubbed slightly, wrapping my other arm around her back. I kissed her forehead and turned to face the stunned faces of Layla, Camerine, and Janice.

     "I want to know why you walked into my house carrying my daughter unconscious," Janice said, snapping out of her shocked daze and becoming the serious and worried mother, narrowing her eyes at me.

     "We got detention, for what I don't know, but there was an incident during detention. A woman working for the man out to destroy my kingdom and gain my powers tried to attack Katerina. The woman claimed that Kat could be taken from me at any moment." I began shaking as I remembered that bitch's treat. Kat kissed my neck repeatedly, softly in the same spot, over and over again until I calmed down. I heard all the girls gasp as they stared at us. Kat was trembling slightly. I tightened my grip on her and snuggled my nose into her neck, breathing in her scent, peaches and vanilla. Intoxicating. She started whimpering and she cried softly.

     "Please don't let them take me from you," she whispered so only I could hear.

     "No one will take you from me. I won't let them, I swear." I said, tightening my grip even more. I pulled back when she stopped trembling and looked back at the ladies. They had stunned expressions on their faces and were watching us like hawks.

     "What do you mean take her from you? Ash what's going on?" Janice said

     "Janice nothing will happen to Kat. I swear on my life I will protect her.",

     "That doesn't answer my question. Who is after my daughter?"

     "People who want my kingdom and my powers. They have been after my kingdom for so long. They're the reason I am now parentless and an only child." I said looking away from everyone. I could feel Kat's sympathetic gaze on the side of my face.

     "Ash?" she whispered. When I didn't acknowledge her, she cupped the side of my face. She turned me to look her in the eye. "Ash?"

     "I-I can't baby. I just can't." I said burying my head back into her neck kissing her skin softly trying to calm down.

     She pulled back, stood up, grabbed my hand, and led me back up to her room. She yelled that we would be back out in a bit. She made me sit on her bed while she sat next to me rubbing my hand with hers.