"Grande mocha with cream?" The barista called. I snapped out of my trance and picked up my drink. I walked over to the front of the shop and sat on one of the bar stools looking out onto the street. I took a sip of my drink, regretting it straight away, I didn't realise how hot it was.

"Hot hot hot." I said, waving at my tongue, whispering to myself.

"We like to think we serve our drinks hot." The mysterious boy said as he sat next to me. I didn't really know what to respond, I could feel my cheeks going red due to embarrassment. "I'm Riley." He said holding out his hand in which I took.

"Delilah." I replied still shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you Delilah, so what brings you out here on this cold evening?" He said gazing out onto the street and then turning back to me when I spoke up.

"It's sort of a long story." I said, not wanting to bore him with my life story.

"Well tell me the blurb." He responded winking at me, I couldn't help smile.

"Well, my mum forced me to go to a stupid party of a stupid boy who I don't like, he caught me snooping in his room and well I left." I said, missing out the details.

"Huh, interesting." He said, rubbing his chin as if he was thinking. "So does your mum know you're here?" He asked, sounding truly concerned.

"Nope, she told me not to ring her for an hour or two." I said whilst sipping on my drink which had luckily cooled down.

"I could always walk you home, if you want?" He asked sounding genuine. It took me a while to process his words, I don't trust people easily. I have no idea what he is capable of. "Don't worry, I'm not going to rape you or anything, I just don't want you out on the street on your own." I laughed slightly at his response to my clueless face.

"Okay, thanks." I said, sipping some more on my drink.

"Well my shift finishes in half an hour if you don't mind waiting." He said while standing up, getting ready to go clean tables.

"Not at all but how do you know I don't live miles away, are you willing to walk that far?" I questioned joking.

"Well then, the more I get to speak to you then." He said, before winking at me. Before I got flustered with his response I replied.

"How will you get home after you drop me off? I might live on the other side of town to you." I asked anxious.

"I'll call a cab." He said while wiping down the table next to me.

"I can't let you do that, I don't mind walking home alone." I said trying to reason.

"Don't worry about it, honestly." He replied.

"If you're sure?" I asked again.

"Completely." He replied.

I spent the next half an hour stirring the remainder of the chocolate and coffee at the bottom of my mug. Not many people passed the window walking along the street; they all had the right idea of staying inside on this cold night.

"Ready?" Riley said approaching from behind making me jump.

"Yep." I said jumping up and walking towards the door.

It would only be a half an hour walk back to my house but it was freezing, I wouldn't be surprised if there was snow on the ground in the morning. We had been walking for 15 minutes and I still hadn't warmed up, I tried my best to show I wasn't cold since Riley kept repeatedly asking me, he wanted to give me his jacket but I refused. I couldn't hold my shivers in any longer and let them creep out.

"See, you are cold, here have this." He said taking off his jacket.

"No, keep it on." I said arguing back.

"Don't be silly." He said draping it over my shoulders.

"Now you'll be cold." I said, putting it back over his shoulders, luckily he wasn't much taller than me so I didn't have to jump up to reach.

"Fine, how about this?" He said. He put the jacket over both our shoulders and huddled closer to me. I don't think the jacket was warming me up at all, I think it was his warm presence that heated me up inside.

"Much better." I said, grinning like a 5 year old on Christmas.

"Well, this is my place." I said turning to face my house.

"Nice house, well it was nice meeting you." Riley said.

"Do you want me to wait out here for your taxi?" I asked, hoping he would say yes. I don't care if I sound like a love struck 12 year old but he had an aura that pulled me in.

"I don't mind, I don't want you getting cold though." He said looking into my eyes.

"I'm not cold." I said, getting comfy next to him on the pavement.

Luckily the taxi only took 10 minutes, even though I was warmer than before sitting on the cold ground made my shivers approach again.

"Okay, well it was nice meeting you." I said this time.

"You too." He said while opening the door. "Hey Delilah?" He called after me as I started to walk away.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Would you mind if I got your number? I'd love to speak to you again." He said, slightly nervous which made me 'aww' even more inside.

"Sure, I'd love to speak to you again." I said, handing him my phone.

"Well, I'll speak to you soon." He said sitting in the taxi.

"Yep." Was all I replied before the taxi drove off. "Bye Riley." I said quietly to myself as I turned to walk up the long driveway that led to my house.