Vampire Prince & Pure Blooded Human

Comincia dall'inizio

I whipped my head up and crawled to the door, looking out again but trying to avoid the bloody mess in the kitchen. Two of them stomped up the stairs and one stayed in the room, scanning it with his eyes.

His gaze landed on the pantry door and I stopped breathing, he was looking right at me. I didn't dare move an inch. His eyes lingered on me for far longer than a minute but he averted his gaze when the men came back downstairs looking angry.

One spoke, "She wasn't up there, she must not be here. Neither is the sister"

Another one spoke, "Let's get out of here."

They walked out the front door and disappeared but not before the one that had been staring at the pantry glanced at it once more, and I swear he made eye contact with me. Still, he left with the others.

I counted to sixty and then bursted into the room, finding what was left of my parents. That was the night they were murdered. When they died, they left the house to me and Alex but we couldn't bear to live in it so we sold it and moved to the city to start over.

I was brought back to reality as I walked down the hall to my bedroom to change out of my work clothes. Walking into my room, I stumbled through the dark to find the lamp on my bedside table. When I flipped it on, it illuminated the room and out of the corner of my eye I saw a figure sitting on my windsill.

Instinctively, I let out a murderous scream that would wake someone in a coma.

He snapped his head up and jumped on me, covering my mouth in the process, "It's just me, Nathaniel!"

It took a second for it to register in my head, and then I looked at his chocolate brown eyes which I had expected to be emerald green. I sighed in relief that they weren't. I realized what an awkward position we were in when I looked down.

I was in a falling position backwards and he had his legs on either side of mine with his hand on the small of my back, holding me up and the other was on my mouth with his face dangerously close to my own.

I should feel frightened being this close to a vampire but instead I felt a blush creeping up my cheeks. That was when my sister started banging on my door which I had locked when I came in. "Kate! Kate! What's wrong?!"

We hurriedly stood up and in a panic I pushed him into my closet and went to the door. Trying to paint a calm look on my face, I opened the door to see a worried Alex. "Whats wrong?!" She repeated.

I rattled my brain for something, "There was a, um, spider on the wall. Killed it!" I said a little too excited.

She gave me a look of pure stupidity and just walked away, saying nothing. It wasn't the first time I had screamed because of a spider. Once the door was closed and locked again, I walked over to the closet and let Nathaniel out.

He stumbled out and scratched his head, "We need to talk."

I raised my eyebrows at him and said, "Okay, but go over to the window and face away, I need to change out of these horrid clothes first."

He did as I said and I quickly stripped off my work clothes and pulled on some dark skinny jeans and a dark gray Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt. I grabbed a pair of fuzzy socks and plopped down on my bed, "All done."

He turned back and smiled a small smile at me. It was a sad gesture and I was confused at it. He leaned against the window and sighed. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you need to know. Micah.. Micah isn't going to stop trying to kill you."

I sat puzzled, "Well by the looks of it, I assumed that was true."

His eyes locked with mine, "No, I mean he will never stop. Ever."

Feeling confused, I questioned, "Why?"

"You know I can't tell you why. I have a gag order, but I will tell you as much as I can."

I thought, gag order? From who?

He answered, of course, "The king."

"King? Like king of vampires?"

"Precisely. When I was sent here to protect you, he ordered me not to tell you Micah's reasoning behind trying to kill you. It really isn't my place to tell you anyways. Considering it is quite personal to Micah."

I could tell he was trying to give me clues but I was just so lost I couldn't really place them together. "So, what can you tell me?"

Sighing again, he replied, "I can tell you who Micah is. Micah is royalty to the vampire kingdom, he is the prince of the Vaughn family and next in line to the throne. The Vaughn family is the royal family in this country. Each country has their own royal family with a king and queen, and they're first born is the next in line for the throne." Something passed over his face when he said the last part but I'm not too sure what it was.

He paused, letting it sink in. Why on earth would the vampire prince want to kill me? A skinny little human girl, nothing special. He chuckled, "Oh but you are special Katherine Cameron. You have no idea just how special you really are."

Crossing my arms, I asked, "And what makes me so special?"

He smirked a little, reminding me of Micah, "Of course, I can't tell you much about that but I can tell you it's your blood."

I made a face at him, "Gross?"

He laughed at that and replied, "No, no. Not like that. I mean that your blood is pure, untouched by any vampire. And what I mean by that is that there has never been a member in your family blood line that has been turned into a vampire."

Nodding my head, I took it all in. There were so many questions I had but most I knew he couldn't answer. I had come to the conclusion that whatever I was to Micah, whatever the reason he wanted me dead, had to do with my blood.

Nathaniel strolled over to the bed and sat next to me. "That's hardly the entire motive behind Micah's decisions but it's a start."

I gave a sarcastic thumbs up and smile, "Awesome."

Nathaniel placed a hand on my leg and heat shot up my body, "I won't let him hurt you, I swear to you Kate." His eyes showed true warmth and I felt myself smiling a real smile.

He cupped my cheek for a second and brushed his thumb across my lips. I felt myself shudder at the gesture and I closed my eyes. Parting my lips slightly, I felt his hand disappear and then his presence.

When I opened my eyes he was gone. What had just happened?

Feeling flustered, I threw my hair up on top of my head in a messy bun and strolled out of my room into the kitchen. Alex wasn't in there but the pan of food she had been cooking was sitting on the stove still sizzling.

Puzzled, I walked out into the living room and froze when my eyes registered what I saw.

Alex was hanging limp in Micah's arms, a huge gash on the side of her head that was dripping blood. He didn't look up at me when I had entered, but I could see his eyes turning black at the sight of the blood.

His voice drifted into my head, kitty kitty Kat, you shouldn't have let Nathaniel touch you like that and he should have known better.

In my head, I thought, why does it matter? Just, please, don't hurt my sister.

He whispered back, Tisk tisk, I'm not interested in telling you why. And I'm not going to hurt her, I'm just going to kill her.

I screamed, "NO!" letting it ring throughout the apartment and then he opened his mouth, his fangs barred and ripped into her neck, sucking the life from her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A LOT of info in this chapter! hope it wasn't too confusing! If you have questions, drop a comment :) the next chapter is almost done.. faster you vote faster I can upload it xD