"There are others! Such as yourself! They-"

"What am I?"

"You are a creature of the sea."

"What does that mean?" She whined. She couldn't help it. So many emotions where clashing together in her head. Her stomach twisted and churned.

She watched them smile, "You'll find out soon. We need to go, we are sorry again but-"

"-we hope one day you forgive us."

"do not be afraid of the ocean nor what you see."

"You and the ocean are now one in the same." They begin to sizzle out and fade.

"no please! Please don't leave me alone!" She reaches out for them, trying to grab at their disappearing bodies.

"I don't want to be alone." She sobs into her dirty hands. Her breath hitching in her throat.

Time is irrelevant. As she sobbed and cried her heart out, time stopped for her. Nothing changed and as she finally opened her eyes, she noticed the water rising. What's more is that, that wasn't the only problem she faced. As she caught sight of a figure in the water she screamed. Her eyes followed it like a hawk seeking its prey. It disappeared under the water only to reappear again but closer.

She only heard of these creatures in stories told by merchants traveling from town to town. She never imagined they were real. Only figures of one's imagination. A horror story to scare the little children at night. But no. They were in fact real, a nightmare in the flesh.

She could only imagine if they truly look how the merchants described them. Rows of teeth and beady black eyes. Bodies as long as a hunter's spear. Longer.

She wanted to go home. Home, she decided, would be better than this place. No. Who was she kidding? Home is what drove her to this madness.

She carefully sat down on the rock. Holding her legs to her body as closely and as tightly as she could manage. She shivered at the coldness of the salt water soaking through her dirtied gown.

There was a reason she jumped off that cliff. For her it was the easiest way to die. For she could not swim. Her death, she thought, would be quick, easy.

"Please, please leave me be." She cried at the beast swimming closer to the rock.

Don't be afraid

How could she not? Fear had become her. Every fiber of her being was screaming danger.

With her eyes closed, she didn't notice the beast swimming away. Hearing her plea and obeying her words. She has yet to notice what it means to be a creature of the sea. Power over all who dwells in these waters.

A creature appears in front of her. She has yet to notice. It neighs to get her attention. Succeeding in not just that, but in scaring her to death.

She was horrified. This creature that stood no more than a few feet away from her. She was marveled by the way it stood above water. It was a beautiful creature, so beautiful.  White holo fur with a long snout and longer white air. It carefully moved toward her, as if telling her it meant no harm.

With a shaking hand, she reached for it's snout and delicately touched the tip.

I will show you all that you need to know, just please do not fear me my love.

I am made for you.

She had no words. She didn't know if this creature did in fact invade her mind, or if it was just a hallucination. But even so, her past fear was slowly dissolving from her being. In its place was a calm feeling.

She steadily stood and maneuvered around the creature. Feeling it's fur.

Ride me my love.

She didn't hesitate after that. She took hold of the creature and jumped on to it's back. The creature turned its body back to the water. It stepped away from the rocks.

"No! Please go back! I cannot swim, please!" She cried out, hitting the neck of the creature. It did not flinch.

Everything will be fine my love. You as a human may have not been able to swim, but that was your past life. In this life, you can and more. You will see. See very soon, the power you have has a creature of the sea.

She held on tight, not believing its' words. Each step the creature took, they'd sink more and more into the water. She began to feel the cold of the water at her feet. Her body shook and tears streamed down her face.

When she looked down she saw something that shook her to her very core. The creatures legs, above the water it's white fur, but beyond, it's dark and covered in scales. There was something ominous about it. The odd thing was that she didn't fear what she saw.

And as her body submerged in the water, her mind cleared. The creature had turned into its true form. It was dark, evil, sinister.

She could see her skin morph into scales. Her gown tearing from her body. But this did not scare her. A thick mist blocked her emotions, stripping them away from her. Taking away what had made her human.

Her life was truly beginning anew. But they lied. There will be no beauty, only darkness.

Only evil.

The beauty is only an illusion of the ocean. Shown to those unlucky enough to venture too far away from land.

This wasn't a paradise.

This was hell.

-

Ahh! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Please give it some love with votes and comments!

This is really different to how I originally write. So please give me feedback! Lots of love ❤️