~ Chapter ten ~

Saturday, September 5, 3:19 pm

    It's finally almost time for us to get out of here.  I can't wait to leave.  I just want to be home already.  Zoe got moved into my room so it would be easier for us.  Grandma and grandpa haven't left our sides.  I still haven't told them yet.  Maybe I can at least tell them before we leave.  Actually I have a check up ultrasound on the twins and myself with Dr. Logan.  I'm sure grandma would love to come with me.

    "Hey grandma, could you get the bottle of vitamins out of my purse?"

    "Of course," she said sweetly and walked over to my purse.  I was watching as she brought it over to the side of my bed.  She looked around before grabbing the bottle.  Her facial expression went from nothing to pure joy.  Her eye lit up as she turned to me.

    "Are you pregnant?!"

    I nodded, "Yeah, grandma."

    "Oh my god, Addy.  Oh my god," she said breaking into happy tears.  She set the bottle down and came to me for a hug.

    "Are you serious? You're really pregnant?"

    "Yeah, it's crazy isn't it?"

    "It's amazing, Addy.  Oh Byron, come over here."

    "What is it, Diana?"

    "Surprise," I said holding up the bottle of prenatal vitamins.

    "You're having a baby?!"

     "Well, two, but yes."

    "It's twins!?" they both asked flipping out.

    "Yes, would you like to see pictures?"

     "Please, how far along are you?" grandma asked.

    "I'm 11 weeks on the 8th.

    "You're so grown up, Addy," grandpa said.

    I smiled as I reached into the drawer on the side of my bed and got the first ultrasound pictures of them out.  I had pulled them out every night before when I talked to my belly so I could see them. 

   I handed them each a picture.  They were smiling and grandma still crying happy tears.

    "It feels so surreal.  I mean last time we got to talk, you were still in high school," grandma commented.

    "I know, you're telling me.  Imagine my surprise when I found out I was pregnant, let alone with twins."

    "You didn't know?" grandpa asked, shocked.

    "No, it was completely unexpected and unplanned.  Sorry to disappoint you guys," I said as the mood changed and a heavy cloud sat above my head.

    "Honey, I would never be disappointed in you.  Things happen, I know that.  At least tell me you know who he is," grandma said in an almost begging tone.

    "Yes, I do.  But he doesn't know, and please don't tell me that I need to tell him, because right now he is just fine."

    "So, can we know his name?" grandpa asked.

    I don't know.  Should I tell them? I mean they'll know eventually, right?  Well maybe not, Theo might not be in their lives so doesn't that mean I don't have to tell them?  Or maybe if I do they can help me with tough choices revolving around him as their father.

    I took a deep breath before speaking, "Theo," I said slowly.

    "Like your ex Theo?" grandpa asked.