~ Chapter five ~

Thursday, July 9, 7:00 am

    I woke up wrapped in the sheets of the bed. I looked over to a snoring Theo. I shook my head at him, predictable. I shifted the blanket so I could lay on him and remembered everything as I noticed what's not there.

    I snuggled up in the blankets and right as I was comfy Theo started moving. He looked at me with tired eyes.

    "Morning beautiful."

    "Good morning."

    "How'd you sleep?"

     "Great. This bed is really comfy, I'll miss it."

    "Well, you're always welcome here. Do you want some breakfast?" he asked getting up.

    He threw on shorts and looked for a shirt. I sat up and held the blanket up. I watched him move around the room.

    "Breakfast sounds good."

     "Well, how about you change into something while I go start on some for everyone?"

    "Does everyone really have to be included?"

     "Yes, Addy, everyone has to be included," he mocked.

    "Fine. I guess that'll do."

    I got up and searched for something comfy to wear. We leave today for the rest of the trip. I'm just a little nervous about this whole thing.

    I went in the bathroom first to brush my teeth. Lookin in the mirror, I saw how my hair was a little messy. I don't feel like fixing it though. It's just curly and everywhere. Eh. I walked downstairs without touching it.

     When I got to the kitchen, Josie and Daxon were sitting at the island as Theo pranced around making breakfast. I joined them at the island, taking the seat by Josie.

     "Morning doll face," Josie said laughing.

      "What?"

      She laughed, "You're practically glowing, and you don't look sleep deprived at all."

      "Shut up. It was a long night and as for the glowing I don't know what you're talking about."

     "Oh but you do. I know what you two did, Addy. But by all means, continue to pretend that you didn't. No one else looks that happy and tired at the same time. Maybe a new mother, but you're definitely not that."

    "Ha. Ha. Now can we please keep it on the DL?" I asked blushing.

     "Oh you mean that you don't want my mom knowing?"

     "Don't want me knowing what?" Maggie asked walking into the kitchen.

     "Nothing! Nothing, it's all good. Josie was kidding, right Josie?"

     "Sure, whatever satisfies you," she said smirking.

     "Ladies, ladies, are we discussing private information that involves me? Because if you are then when did you ask if you could talk about me?" Theo said, catching on.

     I gave him a thankful smile. I don't need Maggie knowing about our relationship anymore than she does. Maggie stood there, confused as ever.

    "Well if you don't want to talk about whatever happened then I'm just going to get my coffee and enjoy it," she said.

     Once she was out of the room I looked to Josie.

     "What was that?"

    "What?"