~ Chapter one ~

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

In about 2 hours, at 3:00, I have an interview at the dinner for a waitressing position. I hope I get it because I need the money. Considering I couldn't keep the last one I had at the farmers market with Theo and the one right after that I just got fired from. I don't want to bring that back up either.

I walked out of the bathroom with my towel wrapped around me. I walked to my dresser in my room to pick out something to wear to the interview. I settled on my only dressy button down that's white with black dots and leggings.

I put on a bra and some underwear then the leggings and slipped the shirt on and walked back to the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror and brushed my hair. I then got out my blow dryer and plugged it in. I also go my makeup bag out.

After 40 minutes my hair was dried and semi straight, and my makeup was done. I decided a simple bun would go good with my outfit. I put it into a nice bun and started buttoning my shirt, leaving the two top ones unbuttoned. I checked my phone for the time. "Shoot!" I have less than 20 minutes to get to my interview. I ran around, frantically getting my things together and putting flats on.

    I ran out of the door and got straight into the car

I ran out of the door and got straight into the car. I know it's kinda weird that I have a car but in all fairness it cost me $600 and I got it a couple years ago. It's a blue 2006 VW Bug that runs great and gets me where I need to go.

    I started the car and took off towards the diner

I started the car and took off towards the diner. As I was driving, I checked my bag to be sure I have everything. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about since I've been going to the diner since I was little, and the original owner went to school with my grandma on my mom's side. Agnus doesn't work there anymore, because her daughter and granddaughter took over but she comes in quite a bit.

I pulled into the parking lot of Agnus' Diner and stopped in the first open spot. I grabbed my purse and quickly got inside.

"Hey Addy," Cindy greeted. She was friends with mom.

"Hey Cindy. How are you?"

"I'm good. How about you and Zoe?"

"I'm fine and so is Zo." She gave me a smile.