~ Chapter six ~

In the near future...

     "911, what's your emergency?"

    "Please help, he has a knife and he was chasing me.  I don't know where he went.  I think he stabbed her."

    "Ma'am please try to stay calm.  Are you hurt?"

    "Yes, I have a stab wound in my abdominal area."

    "Okay, we can send help to you.  What's your address?"

    "478 Oak Ridge."

    "Okay, I sent police and paramedics your way.  Now you're going to stay on the phone with me until they arrive. I have more questions.  Is there anyone else there?"

    "Yes, two others."

    "Are they hurt?"

    "Yes, one of them is but I haven't seen the other," I started crying.

    "Can you tell me more about anyone there?"

    "She's my-"

Saturday, July 11, 3:18 pm

Theo's great uncle, Ted, was very welcoming. His house was small, but enough room for us that we weren't on top of each other. He was thrilled to learn of Theo and I's engagement. In fact, he asked us lots of questions about the wedding and our future.

"So, Adelaide, tell me, when do you plan to get married?"

I sipped my lemonade before answering, "Well, I've always thought a spring wedding with an outdoor reception would be fun. Theo and I haven't discussed that yet, don't have a date or theme picked. We are just happy to know that soon enough we'll be a family."

"Speaking of family, are you two planning on children? I think you would make beautiful babies."

I choked on my drink and Theo did the same, almost spitting his out. Guess he should answer this one. I grinned, this is my chance to get out of it.

"Honey, why don't you tell Uncle Ted here about our plans, hm?"

Theo shot me a glare before smiling at Ted, "Well, you see, I don't know how much Addy has thought about it but I figured maybe one day we could, but not for awhile. I don't want to rush parenthood, I want to live some married life just the two of us before we consider adding more."

I was shocked by his answer, did he want kids one day? I bet his real fiance would be happy to know he changed and wants to start a family, if she even knows about him not being ready with me. I wonder if he is truly lying to his uncle though, he could be fooling him or just speaking the truth just without me in it.

"That's wonderful, Theo. I'm glad you're considering having children. When you were born I loved getting to see you every now and then. Little ones are a joy to have. Now, what about living? Are you staying in that tiny town in Georgia or coming to live here in Florida?"

"I think that's another question for Addy, right babe?"

"How kind of you, sweetie. I don't know though. I don't really want to live in Georgia, there's too much pain. Maybe I can move here or somewhere. Start fresh, maybe finally get my degree," I said realizing I wasn't making any of it up. This whole time I have been telling him what I wanted with only a couple of smaller lies. I really don't want to live in Georgia and not Florida, I want to go away from all the painful memories and start somewhere that no one knows me or my past. New everything, no worthless father, no bad thoughts of mom, no bad memories for Zoe, no Theo...