chapter 23

May

the month in which we graduate . the last month I'll spend with Normani . after I graduate , my family will be moving straight to California . I was packed but to be honest , this is going to be hard to say goodbye to them . this would be filled with a bunch of tears . I don't think I was ready to leave them . I'm not ready to leave them . they have grown to be my second family that I adore . half of them wouldn't be going to UCLA for their college because they got accepted to a college in New York . they'd be with Normani but they wouldn't be at the same college as her . it sucked because I can't have zendaya , Kehlani or Tori watch after Normani . I just have to trust her .

it was nearing the graduation and I was nervous . I'm not ready for this . I'm not ready to hear the speech that Normani was going to give . I'm not ready to let go of her . I'm not ready for anything that was about to happen today . I just wished that high school went by a little slower so I could savor these moments . I honestly wish that this day wasn't coming but it has and now I'm afraid to let go . I've made too much amazing memories here with my girls .

"this is finally it . the day we graduate and finally find our calling . I will never forget the memories I have made while in this school . nor the teachers that have taught us everything that we need to know . I'm sad to be leaving but it's time for our new life . in the real world where we will go to college and become successful in our lives . for many people , they have found love within the four years of high school and it's going to be sad that they'd be leaving each other but if they keep trying even if they don't see each other then they'd be together one day . you'll have to endure the long distance and the pain that they won't be by your side but they'd always be there for you . here's to the class of 2014 , may each and every one of you become successful and find your calling ." Normani finished , as everyone clapped .

she stepped down from the stage and we threw our caps into the air . this was the day that we were separating . I wasn't prepared for this . after the graduation ceremony , the girls found me . we all hugged but tears were streaming down our face .

"I'm going to miss you little brats ." I said , trying to lighten the mood .

"we'll miss you too , big bully ." zendaya announced , as we did one last hug .

I saw that Normani wasn't around but I didn't pay attention to it . she's probably with her parents . I looked around and saw my parents coming up to me . they gave me a hug and smiled .

"you finally did it !" my mom said , pinching my cheeks .

"yeah mom I did ."

"we gotta leave soon ." my dad announced and i instantly felt sad .

"can I hang out with the girls for a little bit ? I want to spend time with them before I leave ."

they both nod and waved bye to my friends . I walked up to them with a sad smile .

"Dinah cheer up , we'll see you soon when we fly up there . you'll be our place to live until we get enough money to buy a place ." Lauren said , putting a hand on my shoulder .

"it'll be fun hanging with you guys . I'll just miss you for a month until you finally arrive ."

"yeah , sorry . I just want to be with my family before I go to college ." ally comments with Camila nodding her head .

I looked over at the other three who were looking anywhere but me . I walked up to them and pulled them into a hug .

"this won't be the end . I'll see you guys again when you decide to come visit us ."

"you know we will . I need to see my girlfriend whenever I get a break ." Kehlani said , smiling at Camila , who blushed .

"I swear you two are the cutest . all of us are . let's just hope that we figure everything out ."

"let's go to the beach for our last goodbye !" ally exclaimed , causing us all to laugh .

we all nodded and went to the car . that's when I saw Normani . she was talking to her parents and she didn't look too happy . what was happening ? I was about to walk away but we made contact and I suddenly couldn't move . she was walking towards me and I was getting scared . what was she about to tell me ? 

"they found out ." she said , avoiding my eyes .

my mouth hung agape . how did they find out ? no one told them right ?

"h-how ?"

"I don't know but they aren't happy about it . Dinah , I will always love you okay ? don't ever forget that . I need to go . I just wanted to tell you that it's over ."

hearing those words shattered my heart . the fact that I saw no emotion from her eyes or face told me that this was really over . I wasn't about to get the love of my life and I couldn't fight . how could I ? her parents hated gays and probably hated me . I can't fight for a relationship that's broken . I should've known that and never tried to pursue a relationship . I watched as she walked away with no tears . once she was out of sight , I fell to the floor crying . I heard footsteps run towards me and arms wrapped around me . I looked up to find the girls . I need to be around them .. they'll make me feel better . hopefully .

we were at the beach walking and talking . I was really going to miss Tori , zendaya , and Kehlani . I hope they are going to be okay . I know I'm not . my girlfriend just dumped me because of her parents . I would've thought she would fight but she didn't . she didn't shed tears or anything . from that moment , I started to doubt that she really loved me like she said she did . if she loved me , she would be crying . she wouldn't be emotionless . she wasn't someone that I knew . she was a stranger to me . the girl I've grown to love became someone that I didn't know . it was like she wasn't the girl that I yearned for all those years .

she was somebody that I used to know ..

A/N : this is the end . I want to make a sequel but it may be awhile because I'm busy and I have to think of how I want the story to go . it's probably going to be after college . I'm not sure about it . thank you guys who voted and commented , even if I replied to your comments but I appreciate this . I'm insecure about my writing so getting this feedback even if it might not be enough on each chapter, it's okay . I honestly love to get notifications about my books saying this wattpad user voted , commented or put the book on their reading lists . it makes me happy . sorry I'm ranting . uh , I love you guys and thank you so much for this .