chapter 21

March

I haven't talked to Normani since that night and to be honest , it's killing me . I never actually got to make her last Valentine's Day amazing because we got in a fight a couple days ago . I know it's probably petty to you but it wasn't to me . she knows how I felt about using my inhaler around Tori and Kehlani . I'm not too close to them yet . in about two months , i would be graduating but I wouldn't be with Normani . she told me she got accepted to a college in New York . even if we were fighting , she still texted me but I never replied . she knows I read it because i had my read receipts on .

we haven't fully reached two months yet but we had a fight that left us on non speaking terms . I wanted to talk to her but I decided not to because I need time for myself . I need to process that I won't be going to college with her or see my girlfriend at all if she's still mine . I should talk to her because these last two months can go by quickly and I won't be able to say goodbye to her if I'm too late .

I exhaled deeply from my nose before grabbing my phone off my nightstand . I unlocked it and went to Normani's messages .

to Mani😘💜 : I'm sorry .
sent 11:30 am

Mani😘💜 : I should be the one apologizing . I should've been more considerate of how you feel when I shoved that inhaler in your hand . after you left , Tori and Kehlani told me that they didn't care about your condition . they still love you . I know how you felt about them knowing and I'm sorry that I forced you in that position .
sent 11:32 am

to Mani😘💜 : it was probably petty to you ..
sent 11:32 am

Mani😘💜 : it was but I know it wasn't to you . so I couldn't be mad at you . I crossed a line when I did that . so yeah I kept texting you and you not replying but it's understandable . I'm just glad you're finally talking to me .
sent 11:34 am

to Mani😘💜 : I didn't want the last two months to go by so quick and plus I realized that we never had Valentine's Day together as an actual couple .
sent 11:35 am

I waited for her to respond by I never got one . so I frowned and locked my phone . I decided to go take a shower but I was cut off by the doorbell ringing through the house . I was confused as to who it was so I went downstairs to figure it out .

I opened the door to see Normani standing there . she had her hands behind her back and I got curious . so I decided to ask .

"I was on the way over by the time you texted me . I wanted to surprise you . also I got you some roses . I didn't want to come empty handed ." she shyly said , handing me the flowers .

I pulled her into a hug after grabbing the flowers .

"I have missed you so much ."

"I missed you more ."

we stayed like that for a couple minutes before I let her in and put the flowers in a vase . I told her that I was going to take a shower and she nodded her head , following me to the room . I grabbed everything I needed before going into the bathroom .

when I was done , Normani was scrolling through something on her phone . she didn't look up until I cleared my throat . her phone dropped from her hands as she looked up and down at me . I smirked as I watched her swallow a lump in her throat .

"what do you need ?" I asked , sitting next to her .

"well , I'm taking you out . I already got the okay from your mom ."