Secret

Requested by directioner3964  . I hope you love it!

"Can you please not push?" Kayla scolls at a brown haired girl behind her who looked up at Kayla innocently and took a step back after hearing her question.

"Thank you!" Kayla turned back to me flipping her hair.

"Don't be so rude," I laughed at her.

"I need space to breathe," she stated.

"You won't be able to breathe when meeting Shawn anyway," I corrected my skirt.

"True," she nodded in agreement.

"What's taking so long?" Naomi puffed checking what's going on in the beggining of the line.

"Be patient for once," Kayla groans at her.

I stare at the two of my best friends throwing sarcastic phrases at each other. I was just going to stop their meaningless fight when my phone buzzed. It was a text from Andrew saying we needed to talk.

I excused myself and left the line but it seemed that the girls didn't notice me because I heard them call after me.

I jogged to the bathroom area and entered the backstage. Andrew was waiting for me behind the door.

"What's going on?" I exhaled looking worryingly at him.

"I think it's safe now," he calmly said, a little smile playing on his face.

"Safe for what?" I didn't get what he meant by that.

"The relationship."

I realized what he was talking about and my heart started to beat faster from excitement.

"You mean we can tell everyone?" I grinned.

He nodded and I held a scream back. I have been waiting for a year for this.

"By the way he doesn't know that you're here unless you told him that you were coming."

"I didn't. Does he know about that?" referring to the topic we were talking about.

"No, so you can surprise him tonight," Andrew smiled.

The excitement in me grew as we said goodbyes to each other and I walked back to the meet and greet line up.

Kayla and Naomi started asking questions where I had been and I simply said I went to the bathroom what seemed to please them.

I let Kayla in front of me because I needed some time to prepare myself to meet Shawn. I watched my friends go up to him, me filming all the process, they looked so happy. They have no idea what's coming up next.

I tugged my phone in my pocket after filming Kayla doing a pose for the picture and I approached Shawn next. The second he noticed me he opened his mouth in surprise and whispered "Ana?" loud enough for only me to hear.

"Nice to meet you again," I played cool as the shocked look on his face softened.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" Shawn wrapped his hands around my waist for the picture. I smiled at the camera when the photo was taken.

"It was a surprise," I took his hands off. "We can go public now," I whispered quietly, hugging Shawn for the last time.

"Really?" he held his excitement back when I pulled off.

I nodded, looking straight in his eyes and to his lips. I have been waiting for a month to see him again and I couldn't keep away from him. The fans in the line started to protest so I backed up and turned to leave, leaving Shawn stand where he was, stunned.

"What in the world was that?" Kayla exclaimed when I got back to the girls.

"What was what?" I asked innocently. She showed me the video she took of me and Shawn. It clearly showed that we had some kind of a connection there.

"Look, he's so shocked but happy to see you! Like he knew you. And watch how he stares at you," she pointed at the video.

"Are you not tellling us something?" Naomi was curious.

"I don't know what you are talking about," I played it off and headed for the venue.

They followed me, making up theories of how Shawn might know me and why he acted like that. At least they weren't fighting anymore. 
They wouldn't leave me alone until the concert actually started. I noticed Shawn looking for me in the crowd. Once he noticed me, probably because of the black cat ears I was wearing, a huge smile formed on his face. Naomi and Kayla turned their heads towards me suspiciously but I ignored them.
I bet this was the best show Shawn has ever done. He was so energetic, his voice was incredible and it was clear to see that he gave all he got tonight. Once the concert finished, the crowd started to flow out the venue. I pulled the two of my friends aside and entered the backstage area. The security guard recognized me and let us in.

I recieved tons of questions from my friends, along with "What are you doing?" and "Why did he let you here?" Once again I just ignored them and headed to the door I thought to be Shawn's room.

Luckily it was and the girls were shocked when I ran into Shawn's arms who was changing his shirt into a new one at that moment.

"You were amazing!" I exclaimed, hugging the boy tight.

He laughed, leaving small kisses on my cheek. I turned back to my friends and introduced them to Shawn. The girls stared at the two of us, mouths wide open. Shawn awkwardly greeted them and looked at me weirdly.

"I told you!" Naomi pointed at Kayla, who's face turned back to normal.

"You own me ten bucks," she added.

"Wait guys! Did you make a bet on us?" I laughed.

"Yeah, because whatever happened at the meet and greet and the beggining of the concert looked so real," Naomi explained.

"How long have you been keeping it a secret and how?" asked Kayla.

"Almost a year," I said, looking up to Shawn.

"How you ask? I guess we're pretty good liars," Shawn chuckled, looking back at me.

"And schemers," I laughed along.

The girls stared at us and the moment turned awkward again.

"Okay, let's go have a dinner," Shawn suggested.

"Yeah, I'm so hungry," I agreed, looking at my friends.

"Yeah," they said, still in shock.

Shawn led us out of the concert hall and onto the tourbus. He told the driver to go to the nearest McDonalds. What a dinner.

"Are you like officially a couple now?" asked Naomi when we sat on a brown couch.

"Yes. The whole world is going to know who I love the dearest," said Shawn putting his arm around my shoulders.

"I can't believe I'm on Shawn Mendes's tourbus and I'm going to have a dinner with him," Kayla suddenly realized. 

We all laughed at her as the tourbus drove into the McDonalds parking lot.

___________________________________

I couldn't wait to get off work to write this.

Our baby is now 18. Years have passed so quickly. I'm so impressed by what Shawn has accomplished in that time.

I'm posting the Q&A tomorrow so it's your last chance to send the questions in!