"It's Elena."

And with that, he made his exit and Damon started to follow him. I groaned at the two because I agreed about Elena but talking to Katherine was a no go. As I turned to make my way to the school my face hit harshly against into someone's chest. I moved back and gave my nose a rub.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." A voice said. I looked up to see big blue eyes and blonde hair.

"Entirely my fault. Sorry." I told them, beginning to walk away from him.

"I haven't seen you here before, are you new?" He asked.

I came to a halt. This was not what I wanted to do, talk to a teenage stranger and get them involved in my screwed up life. Alas, I turned to face him, "Oh. No. I don't go to school. Or college."

"Taking a gap year?" He questioned. More like gap century.

"Yeah, something like that." I replied with a nod. He smiled at me, I didn't want to be rude so I smiled back.

"I'm Matt. Matt Donovan." So this was the Matt that Caroline was hung over? I'm not entirely surprised, he was kinda cute.

"I'm Cassie." I told him before I had to push him away from the conversation, "Look, I, uh, I need to go. Sorry. See you around, Matt Donovan."

I awkwardly turned away to go find Stefan and Damon. A minute or so later I found Damon standing in one of the school hallways alone, listening in on something. I stopped next to him, crossing my arms, "What are you up to?"

"Listening to Bonnie do a locator spell on Elena." He whispered. I listened in too.

"I'm coming with you." Jeremy said.

"No, Jeremy, you're not." Stefan told him.

"No, I'm not gonna just sit here. What if she's hurt? Or worse? What if she's -- "

"She's not." Stefan fought back, "You two go back to your house just in case. I'll call you the minute I find her."

"Well, you can't do this alone." Jeremy stated.

Damon spun round to stand in the classroom doorway, making himself known, "He's not. Let's go."

"You're coming with me?" Stefan asked his brother, seeming wary. I moved into the space next to Damon, making myself visible to them too.

"It's Elena." I repeated in the tone he had used earlier. Stefan just stared at me causing me to raise my eyebrows at him, "Come on, we need to go."

▂▂▂▂

We were driving in Damon's car. Alaric had kindly given us a bag full of his weapons to use. I was sitting in the back of the vehicle with the bag beside me whilst Damon and Stefan were in the front having a conversation.

"Alaric sure likes his weapons." Damon stated. He glanced at Stefan, who was holding a small container with a mystery liquid inside. He looked back at the road, "What the hell is that?"

"I don't know, it's a vervain bomb or a grenade launcher or something like that." Stefan replied, staring at it as though he was trying to figure it out.

"Weird." Damon replied.

"Don't go blowing us up, Stef." I half joked as I somewhat anxiously ran my hand through my hair. He turned and carefully handed me the bottle. I gently placed it back into the bag.

Stefan faced the front again, "Who do you think took her?"

"Someone from Katherine's past." Damon proposed, "She said she was running from someone. They got the wrong girl."