Chapter 23

Their first stop was the clothing store.

*in a changing room*

"Woah, you got a katana!"

"Is that a big deal?"

"Nay, not much. But let's keep it aside for now till I dress you up!"

"Okay.." Rin said, putting down Akama at the corner of the room.

------

"C'mon Rin-chan!! Wear this!! I'll help you!" Annie said suspiciously, holding a sleeveless top in her two hands and coming closer to Rin.

"I'll change myself! Just go outside!" Rin said trying to back Annie off.

"C'mon, don't be shy! You need to throw that outfit of yours and show some skin!" she said removing RIn's jacket.

"But I can't wear that!"

"Tee hee!" Annie quickly kept the dress aside and held the bottom of Rin's shirt, taking it off in a flash.

Annie's eyes widened. This was not what she expected to see. The light from her eyes suddenly disappeared into the darkness; her mouth ajar and she fell down to her feet.

"Nani...sore...? (What...is this?)" she managed to barely whisper as she stood up and trailed her fingers on Rin's scars. There were not only cuts and bruises, but also stitches. Her scars looked new and fresh, as if they would open up any second and start bleeding off crimson blood. There was a big gash around her left waist, something like a burn mark. All these damages and marks of pain went with her pale skin to give the deadly look of a zombie. She inspected for a few seconds before holding RIn by her shoulders and turning her around.

If her eyes could go wider, it certainly did. Her mind was filled with fear and confusion mixed with pity and sympathy. There were even more at her back. Whip lashes, gun holes and the previous burn mark which continued to go at the back. However, the very first thing she noticed was the big trail of stitches starting at her shoulders and ending at her waist. She again trailed the stitch with her fingers.

"This one is more properly taken care of than the rest of the wounds" Annie said. "How'd you know?" Rin asked, still facing Annie with her back. "I'm a doctor..." Annie said.

"I see. Law did that stitching"

"Trafalgar-san did? Amazing..."

Rin finally turned around, looking Annie into the eye. "Now you understand why I don't expose any skin?"

"Yeah" Annie said, but with a smile, as if she just got an idea. "Let's try something, then!" she said leaning in again.

-------

Rin came out together with Annie, and looked into the mirror. She was now wearing a sleeveless black top and a dark shade of red-ish jeans. The rest of her arms that were exposed were covered in bandages, looking like a trend.

"See, that looks much better!" Annie said, peeking at the mirror from behind Rin's shoulders. "Well, it is lighter than my usual and easier to move in..." she trailed off.

"Next: To the Hair Stylist!!" Annie exclaimed grabbing Rin's wrist and dragging her off, ignoring her sigh.

^w^