Chapter 15

^That song has nothing do with this story I just gave it cuz I love it <3 

"Oh, here it is! The Sword of Memories!" he shouted out.

The name made Rin feel something she never felt before, an undefined urge.

"What is this...?" Rin spoke up slowly. "Oh, let's go out I'll explain everything" he said and they went out the house. 

"Oh I forgot to ask, what's your name?" he said as he sat down on the grassy terrain. "I'm Rin" she introduced herself as she sat down too.

"Oh and I'm Jack! Now, let me tell you a little story" Jack said putting down the sheathed sword beside him. 

-----------------

"Oh, well that's about it. So it's said that one day a worthy owner will come but it's probably just a stupid rumor. Oh I have nothing to do with this sword, no one wants to buy it. I wouldn't normally give it to a girl like you either, but you seem different. Oh I'm warning you be careful, this is a cursed sword after all. So, will you take it?" Jack finished his lecture. 

"I'll be glad to" Rin said completely returning to her normal emotionless state. That made Jack bring the sword from his side to his front of it, causing Rin to examine it for the first time. 

The sheath was beautifully designed with black and red patterns, but it looked like danger, evil or something sinister. It looked quite magnificent, actually, The handle looked darker than black. It looked pure. Rin picked up the sword with one hand and removed the sheath with the other.

Her eyes slightly widened. "...Red?" she managed to speak out. "Oh yeah I forgot to tell you about that" said Jack.

Yes, the blade was red, dark red to be more specific. It was kinda like the color of Ruby but it was surely made of steel -a different kind of steel you could say. It was really beautiful and shiny but you could easily tell it was old and ancient.

Rin ran over the blade with her fingers. "What do you want?" a deep inner voice spoke inside of Rin. But this time her eyes didn't widen, instead her lips formed a real smirk. "'Sup?" she thought in her head hoping he can hear. "You seem kinda interesting. Fine, I'll let you use me, but don't you dare disappoint me" came the voice again.

"Don't worry" Rin thought. "Oh, is anything the matter?" Jack asked. "Nothing. Thanks for the sword" she said standing up. Jack stood up too. "Oh, your welcome. Come to me anytime you need something!" with that he waved off and Rin walked over to the town again. 

-----------

"Hide to your right!" the voice came again and Rin did as told. "What's wrong?" Rin asked as she slowly peeked at the road. "They're following you, right?" the voice said again. "Yeah. Shit. I didn't think they'd find out so quickly" Rin thought/replied. 

'Your head is really packed up and locked. Tell me your story sometime, will ya?" he said. "Fine, but what's your name?" she asked. "Akama" he replied. Rin ran over to a different way, into alleys and narrow paths till she found a dead end. 

She crouched down, hugging her legs and leaning back at the wall and made Akama do the same. 

"Listen" she said.

To be continued...