Chapter 3

I sat up and moved her in a sitting position leaning on the railing of the bed. I took a piece and moved my hand to be in front of her mouth.

"Open your mouth" I ordered. She did as I told and opened her mouth. I put the apple piece in slightly and she bit and took half of it in. She chew it up slowly and gulped. I put the other half in her mouth and she repeated her last action. I kept doing this till all the pieces were over.

"Thanks..." she said slowly. I patted her head with my right hand and said, "You're welcome". Her appearance didn't change but as a doctor I can say that she feels a little better in the inside.

I stood up taking the plate in my hand. I put it on the side table and went towards my table. I took an injection and a little container. I put the injection in and sucked the liquid from the container.

I turned towards her. Taking a piece of cotton, I went up and sat at the same place, again. I took her hand and put the injection in. She didn't move, not even flinch. I pushed the liquid in and took out the injection. I put the injection on the side table and rubbed the part on her hand with cotton.

"You need rest," I said and stood up. I moved her head back to the pillow so she could rest. "Go to sleep" I said and sat beside her. She did as told. After a few minutes my hand automatically reached her forehead and moved up and down for comfort.

For the first time, I felt sorry. I felt sorry for this girl. She looked barely 24 and yet she was completely broken. She's like a doll with neither heart nor soul inside. An abandoned house like the one she was living in. 

There were a few people I sometimes picked up from islands. They were always near death and had no home to return to. I always left them at the next island after they were healed. But she might be a different case.

A few hours later the crew came back. "We managed to get a lot, Captain!" exclaimed Shachi. "Good," I said, "The girl's in the infirmary, don't disturb her. I'll go to town to buy her some clothes." They nodded.

I went out to the town's shopping area. To be honest, I never went shopping before for a girl. I didn't even know her interest or her size.

I went in. There were thousands of clothes hanged and it was crowded. I thought for a little while then grabbed anything I found. As far as I got to know her, she wouldn't care what she was wearing.

I took them to a counter and got them packed. I payed and went outside with 3 shopping bags in my hand. I went back to the dock and into the submarine.

I kept the bags in my room and looked everywhere. All the other crew mates were in the hall, talking, but no sign of Bepo, Shachi or Penguin. Where were they? The only place I avoided searching was the infirmary. But I told them to not disturb her. Doesn't hurt checking.

I slowly opened the door and looked inside. Bepo, Shachi and Penguin were looking at her from the three directions.

To be continued...