Catch You- Oliver Wood

I know Oliver graduated but I saw him in the movies at the battle of Hogwarts. I need to check and see if he was in the 7th book as well...

You were one of the many quidditch players in the air, but this was no game.

Below you, spells were flying everywhere. Left, right, up and down- all directions possible. You were also casting spells, soaring above the Hogwarts grounds and keeping an eye out for oncoming danger. You saw a Death Eater chasing one of your friends from Hufflepuff.

"Reducto!" you shouted loudly, flicking your wand and releasing a jet of red. Your spell hit the man in the back and you looked away, not wanting to see the result.

You swerved to the left as a burst of green shot in front of you, no doubt it was the killing curse. You continued turning, breaking away from the group. You guided your broomstick to the one who had attacked you.

"Expelliarmus! Stupefy!"

"Great shot!" Oliver Wood, your boyfriend, shouted from your right. He too had broken away from the group to protect you. You and a few others from Ravenclaw and Gryffindor worked on clearing the courtyard and defending the Great Hall. The Death Eaters now had their eyes on the skies to take down the flying squads.

There was a jet of light that hit one of your friends. With a pained scream, he fell off his broom and down to the courtyard. You choked back a sob. There was nothing you could do for him now. You needed to keep yourself together-- at least until the battle was won.

You adjusted your grip on your broom, then pulled into a sharp turn, calling your comrades into a formation with you at the front. You raised your wand as you neared a group of Death Eaters.

"Hold!" you shouted, allowing your team to get closer. "Fire!"

There was chorused of spells being cast behind you.

"Incendio!" you enchanted with them and your wand shot a single spark. Soon there was a fire raging below, catching the cloaks of your attackers on fire. You felt the heat rise and lick at your skin, you adjusted your altitude and rose a couple yards. The Death Eaters screamed out and immediately tried to kill the flame— but with no avail. They were too distracted to notice your squad turning into another attack.

"Y/n!" Wood yelled, flying at your side. "There are some giants approaching, they're getting through McGonagall's knights too easily. We need to help." He met your gaze and you nodded. You were afraid of giants but you had to do what was best for Hogwarts. Oliver reached out and grabbed your hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

You signaled your team to move forwards, then purposely fell behind. Letting Angela take the lead.

"Will we able to get through this?" you asked.

"I believe in Harry Potter," Oliver answered. "Whatever he's doing, he'll get it done. We'll make it through the night. Until then, stay with me."

"What if one of us falls?"

"That won't happen. But, if it does, I'll catch you."

You leaned over and placed a kiss on his cheek then regained control over your broom.

"Petrificus Totalus!" you shouted as you cast a spell on a giant. Immediately, he froze on the spot with his club in the air. "Stupefy!" The giant was knocked off the bridge. Oliver smiled over at you then enchanted a spell at a large spider that was crawling a couple meters away.

"Y/n!" A Slytherin screamed. "Dementors!"

A chill went down your spine and Oliver lost his smile. Luckily for you, you had learned the Patronus charm in the DA.

"Expecto Patronum!" Your silver guardian sprung forth from your wand, circling around your broom once before dashing to protect your fellow students. However, it had gone too far when a dementor rose up in front of you. "Wood-!" You barely had time to yell when it grabbed you in a throat hold, causing you to loose your broom, and began sucking all happiness from you. It got closer and closer to giving you the Dementor's kiss, it's horrid mouth just a few inches from yours.

You made yourself go limp and fell from it's grasp. You dropped past the bridge and the cliffs around the school.

"Y/n!" your boyfriend screamed, his face twisted in agony and determination. He pushed his broom down and pressed his body closer to it as if to make it go faster.

'Catch me,' you thought, too weak to yell. You just watched, hopelessly, as your world rushed by in a blur. You braced yourself for impact. You awaited the pain that would surely follow; bones snapping, blood oozing... or just nothingness.

Oliver was so close to you now. You looked up and made eye contact. He outstretched one hand and reached, eyes widening as the ground grew ever closer and fingers stretching with determination. With a jerk of effort, you thrust your hand upwards and he grabbed it.

You felt your shoulder snap as you were pulled upwards and your downward momentum broke. But, a dislocated shoulder and possibly broken arm was much better than death or being paralyzed with major brain damage. And to imagine having ALL of your bones broken...

"Gotcha!" Oliver cheered, stopping at his current altitude and hovering. He hoisted you onto the broom and helped you steady yourself. You let out a groan of pain and cradled your arm.

"You caught me."

"I made a promise, didn't I?"