Fire

"Are you crazy?!" I scream.

"Yes." He jokes.

"She's stabilized. Whatever you just did, it worked. I've never seen someone come back from that." The nurse says pulling her arm away from the spear she keeps behind her desk.

"You were going to kill me." I say in disbelief.

"Sam, sweetie. I'm so sorry, but you were going to turn and probably kill Chase and I if I didn't." The nurse says guiltily.

"What?!" Chase asks.

"I was about to turn?!" I yell.

"But Chase stopped it." The nurse says eyeing both of us.

I look up at Chase, then at my hand, realizing it was in his. I pull it away, feeling an uncontrollable amount of anxiety begin to rise.  My stomach twisted. I had to get out of the room. I get to my feet slowly before bursting through the door. I hear Chase sprinting after me. I pick up speed and make a quick left, then the bell rings. Hazel and I have the next class together. I turn back to see Chase following me. Room 309 was just down the hall and to the left. I went full speed and grabbed the door handle, stopping myself from zooming past it. Teens were quickly filling up the hallway, and I lost sight of Chase. I had forgotten my backpack in first period, but I wasn't going back to get it. I sat in my seat, with only me and the teacher in the class room. He starred at his book for a good fifteen seconds before realizing I was there. Once he did, he looked shocked.

"Samantha, y-y-your e-ey-eyes." He stutters.

"Oh yeah. I just survived the turn." I calmly told him.

"Get away from me!" He screams.

Just then, Hazel struts into the classroom.

"Hey, Hazel." I cheerfully say getting to my feet.

"No, Sami." She says in terror.

"It's not what you think. Come on." I order, grabbing her arm and dragging her down the hall to the girl's bathroom.

"What the hell?!" She demands.

"So this girl started turning and I killed her and then the angelic power messed up my demon half but Chase kissed me and stopped the turn." I quickly summed up.

"What?!" Hazel nearly screamed.

"Calm down. I'm fine." I tell her.

"What did you do for my birthday last year?" She quickly demands.

"What?" I ask.

"If you're a demon, you don't have emotions, you won't remember anything you had an emotional connection to." Hazel snaps.

"I snuck into the cafeteria in the middle of the night and baked a cake. I accidentally fell asleep and nearly burned down the kitchen. You cleaned everything up and then we celebrated it with cookies." I quickly tell her.

Then, I repeat, "I'm fine."

Hazel lets out a relieved sigh.

"No, you aren't. You're eyes are blood red, and you're paler than I am. Sam, you're not alright. Where's Chase?" She asks.

"I don't know. I ran away." I say with a shrug.

"Sami, this is a huge deal. You don't understand how serious this is-" Hazel begins but the loud speaker comes on.

"Samantha Baker, Chase Wilson, Nurse Kathy, and Mr. Hamburg report to the office immediately. Samantha Baker, Chase Wilson, Nurse Kathy and Mr. Hamburg, report to the office."