Chapter 18

Lauren locked her truck as she strolled away from vehicle and throwing the remains of cigarette on the floor, stamping her shoe on it. She seen her group of friends sat at the regular hang out spot in the school as she paced towards them and sat down next to Ally. The three boys still had cuts and bruises over their faces from the bar fight a few days ago.

Luckily, Lauren was very good at make-up so she covered up her injuries and parents couldn't notice it. She could also cover-up the mark of her mother's slap, without anyone noticing it. The group of friends all made conversation about the fight a few days ago and laughed when Michael told them Luke got beat up by a girl.

Lauren looked around the yard and saw Camila walking over to Dinah and Normani's table. Lauren frowned slightly when Camila didn't come over to her table, but she understood that Camila had other friends than herself. The two girl's made eye contact as Lauren shot a wink over at Camila and the smaller girl smiled shyly, looking back at Dinah and Normani.

"I heard you're going on a date with Bradley Simpson?" Ally smirked as she nudged Lauren's arm and the three boys started chuckling.

"How the fuck did you know?" Lauren sighed as she rolled her eyes, sending death glares at the three boys.

"Me and Bradley are friends and he asked what your favourite colour was, I said it was black." Ally explained and she grinned at Lauren, wiggling her eyebrows.

"My mom is setting me up with him and I tried telling her I don't like him, but she won't listen." Lauren groaned and rested her head on the bench as Ally patted her head sympathetically, then remembering last night when she attempted to talk to her mom about it.

The bell rang as all the students scattered to the first class of the day and Lauren waved discretely over at Camila as the smaller girl smiled brightly at her.

***

The week passed rather quickly for Lauren, since she was dreading her date with Bradley. She hadn't seen Camila since Monday because Lauren had been busy with church and Camila was caught up with homework.

Her mother danced into her bedroom as she held up two dresses and held them up against Lauren's body. Lauren rolled her eyes as she picked one of the dresses and got ready for the date tonight. She placed her high heels on and grabbed her purse as she heard a knock at the front door, before strolling down the stairs. She swung open the door and saw the predictable Bradley outside the front door.

"This is fo-for you." Bradley smiled as he handed her a black rose. "Your friend, Ally, said black was your favourite colour so I--"

"Thanks, Brad." Lauren smiled politely as she took the rose and set it aside on the staircase. "Let's go."

The two teenagers climbed into Bradley's car, after exiting the Jauregui's household. Bradley started the car engine and took off down the road. Lauren stared out of the window with a blank expression, wishing she could be over at Camila's house and be making out with her. Soon, the two teens pulled over at the cinema and Bradley paid for the two tickets to see Insidious 3, also bought Lauren and him a large popcorn to share. Lauren obviously attempted to try and pay for her own ticket and food, but Bradley demanded on paying for Lauren.

Meanwhile, Camila was strolling over to Lauren's house. She had tried to text Lauren that she was coming over, but she wasn't replying so she decided on just surprising her. She reached Lauren's house and knocked on the door a few times as the door opened, revealing Lauren's mother.