Chapter 7

It wasn't what she had excepted, but she was very surprised.

"Where going to church... at like 11pm?" Camila asked confusingly as Lauren parked her truck down the road from the religious building.

Lauren nodded with a slight smirk across her face, that she had now covered with a bandana. Camila furrowed her eyebrows as Lauren grabbed another bandana from her bag and edged forward to Camila. Without Camila's permission, she tied a red bandana around the smaller girl's lower face and handed her a pair of shades. Lauren analysed Camila's outfit; she was wearing a light grey hoodie, skinny jeans and black converse. Perfect. Camila put the shades on, continuing to shot Lauren confusing looks. Lauren hadn't gave the girl a proper explanation for all of this weird shit.

They both hopped out of the truck as Lauren put up her hood, along with putting on her dark sunglasses that were similar to Camila's. Lauren halted outside of fence that surrounded the church as Lauren threw her bag over the barrier. The taller girl then climbed over the metal, painted-black, spiky fence and turned to look at Camila on the other side, signalling her to do the same. Camila hesitantly gripped onto the ice cold fence, before launching herself over the towering fence. She landed next to Lauren as Lauren smirked happily at her and crept to the back of the church wall.

Lauren relaxed her shoulders, dropping her bag to the floor and revealing two cans of spray paint, chucking the red one to Camila. She looked down at the can in her hands and at the jagged wall,  then finally over at Lauren. The taller girl rattled the can in her hand as her green eyes glinted with eagerness and mischievous. Lauren sprayed the wall with blue paint writing the letter 'F' as tall as herself and continued with more letters along the wall. Camila watched and after 5 minutes, Lauren had spelt 'fuck God' across the church. Camila knew what to do now. She wrote, a lot smaller than Lauren's work but big enough for people to read from afar, 'religion sucks'. The two girls turned to each erupting into quiet roars of giggles as Lauren chucked her can aggressively at the stained glass window, causing it to shatter everywhere. Camila studied the taller girl as she picked up large rocks and launched them at other sheets of colourful glass. Camila could see a hint of anger and sadness flash within Lauren's breathtaking eyes as she shook herself back into reality by looking over at the broken windows. Lauren handed the smaller girl a rock as Camila threw once again another stone at the window causing it smash.

Lauren grinned, turning to Camila as she stepped closer eliminating the space between them both. Camila watched vulnerably, like a lost puppy, as Lauren rose hers and Camila's shades to the top of their heads, so she could see the smaller girl's chocolate orbs. Lauren pulled down Camila's bandana as she bit her lower lip.

"You look so cute when you're being bad." Lauren said in a husky tone as she yanked her own bandana down, that was wrapped around her face.

Camila gulped speechlessly as Lauren edged closer towards the smaller girl, their lips being inches away. Sirens blared in the near distance as Lauren covered her face back up and chucked one last rock, smashing the fifth window. Camila was knocked back into reality, once Lauren grabbed her hand and ran towards the fence. They both scrambled over the sharp fence as they dashed down the street, seeing flashing lights, deafening sirens and fast police cars dart right pass them. They reached the vehicle as they jumped into Lauren's truck and sped down the road anxiously.

Once they got away from the crime scene, they both turned to each and started to burst into stitches of laughter. The laughs wore off as Lauren turned up her CD, playing the heavy music and rolling down the windows, letting the wind blow through the vehicle.

There's no god.
If this is all there is for me;
A temper and conceptions that I'm lonely.
When death comes I'll be ready, but I'll waste my life preparing.
There's so much more to life than breathing.