Plan J: Pretend The Sweater Is Yours

Start from the beginning

"No, no, I'm not busy!" I cut him off. "Give me the phone, give me the phone."

"Okay, okay. Take it, take it," dad chuckles as I grab it from his hand.

"Hey, Anthony. Sorry," I apologize once the phone was by my ear. "Did you need something?"

"Alice! Ha, I knew you'd answer if I told your dad to say I was Anthony."

I gape before glaring at the phone.

"Melissa, that was not a funny trick," I say flatly.

She giggles. "I'm so sorry, but I need your help. Ad-"

"Uh, nope! No help for you because you just did that. I'm in the middle of watching a movie, bye!"

"Adrien and I are stuck in the bathroom!" Were her words before I hung up.

I stare at the phone in my hand perplexed. Wait, what?

The phone starts ringing showing Mel's number.

I press the answer suggestion. "I'm only answering because I'm curious how you got stuck and why Adrien did along with you."

"It's because of his little sneaky, devious sister. We were watching her and she said she heard a big noise coming from the bathroom. She wanted us to check what it was, claiming she was scared. Then when we were in she closed the door on us, knowing fully that the lock was broken!" She exclaims in one breathe.

"It serves you right to be stuck after what you did to me." I huff.

"Come on, don't be mad at me now! You can be mad at me later. Please come and help us, Alice!" She pleads.

"Can't you both jump out of the window?" I suggest.

"It's too small," she explains. "Alice, just come~"

"Okay okay, fine!" I give in. "What's Adrien's address?"

She tells me the address and I quickly write it down on a random paper that was on the counter.

"Oh! You'll have to put in a code to unlock his door, too," Mel mentions.

"Okay, lemme just ask my dad if I can come."

"To Melissa's?" Dad asks.

"Well, our friend Adrien. She's helping him babysit and she needs my help," I explain.

"Sure, I'll tell your mom. Have fun."

"Thanks Dad," I say. "I'll see you later tonight."

I record the lock numbers quickly before hanging up. He only lived a few blocks away. How convenient.

Taking the paper with me, I walk back into the living room to see the movie already playing again. I shake my head. These twins are so impatient. I'll just finish the movie later.

<><><>

"Not that one. Not that one. Not that one either," I mutter to myself as I peddle down Adrien's block.