36: A Bit Too Far

***Ayana's POV***

I ran.

Not because I wanted to leave Rin alone or anything. And not because I was terrified. I was a bit scared though. I ran because I knew that he'd come after me. I needed to get Rin away from that wishing well so Ryokō wouldn't do anymore harm than he already has done to Rin. What would I do if he didn't come after me, you ask? Well I'd obviously go back. I'd probably throw him as far as possible from there if I had to.

But luckily, it did work. Rin was running behind me with a devious grin on his face.

I ran. And ran... And ran.

I could hear him laughing behind me, "hey Ayana!" He yelled as he laughed behind me as I continued to run, "are we playing tag? If so, I'm gonna get 'cha! Well I would do that anyway. Hahahaha!"

I ignored him and kept running.

Hoshi. Get to Hoshi.

That was all I was thinking in my mind. I needed to get to Hoshi, so he could do the ritual. I had to. No matter what.

"And..." I heard Rin behind me say. I turned my head around. He was right behind me, "gotcha!" He pounced towards me with his burned and holy water covered hand. I however, jumped into the air and landed behind him. I kicked him and he went tumbling forward.

I then ran towards him and grabbed him by the back of his collar and threw him through the forest. My left arm burned from that holy water he splashed me with, but I ignored it. I ran after him and grabbed him before he could get up again; and threw him. Again.

I was impressed. This actually was working quite well. I guess I really am going with that plan of just throwing him everywhere. If I'm going the right way, I should get to Hoshi... Sorry I have to do this to you Rin...

Before I could get to him a third time though, he rapidly stood up and his face was red with anger like his eyes.

"What am I?! Some ring toss game that you humans play?!" He yelled. I didn't reply. So he clenched his teeth and started stomping towards me, "tch. Why you little..."

He started trying to claw me with his holy water covered hand. I kept dodging and running. We fought for a while. But I was more focused on trying to get Ryokō close enough to Hoshi. Then something else also came to my mind. Something that Ryokō said that I just don't understand one bit.

I felt a sharp pain on my side. I yelped in pain, and put my hand over my right side, but that then burned my palm. Ryokō in Rin's body laughed about his victory in finally clawing me with this burning and sizzling holy water.

It really burned. It hurt. It felt like I was being stabbed and burned at the same time.

Then I realized from the corner of my eye; there was a gap between all the trees. I saw Hoshi.

He was at the cave still. I knew his eyes were filled with concern without even looking. I needed to now keep Ryokō here. Just long enough for Hoshi to finish his ritual.

As Rin laughed and laughed, I quickly looked at Hoshi and gave him the smallest and fastest nod I could give. Then I looked back at Rin and sprinted his direction. He stopped laughing a second too late. "Oh?" I tackled him to the ground and pinned his wrists down as hard as I could.

"Hey let me go!" He yelled as he squirmed under me.

"Rin! Can you hear me?!" I yelled back. I could try calling out to Rin. I could get him out of this right now. I kept my grip on his wrists firm as he continued to squirm. His red eyes were filled with anger. "Rin!" I called again. Suddenly, he stopped. His body relaxed. I looked into his eyes again.