"Thanks for the help, I might as well be formal though, my names Lily Evans, pleased to meet you." I smiled at her before taking her hand in mine.

"Hello, my names Alice Dumbledore." I shook her hand and we walked together back up to Hogwarts talking and laughing about strange and different things. We split off, but not before she told me to tell Dumbledore to allow me to stay in one of the Gryffindor dorms.

"No, Lily, I can't," I droned, she gave me her puppy dog face and I gave in mumbling that I won't promise. She smiled before saying goodbye and running up to the Gryffindor tower. Yes, I kinda miss the tower but after the previous incident I hadn't entered it for two years. My best friend was gone because of me, my only friend. The common room feels dark now, like the presence of my best friend never died. There's something that I haven't really been honest about, every month I am taken down into a spare room in the dungeons for my monthly transformation. Yes, as you have probably guessed I am a werewolf. It was probably the main reason I had no friends, and also the main reason I never kept anyone really close. Everyone I tell abandons me and has to have their minds obliviated by Dad.

Now back to my best friend. She was a Gryffindor by the name of Katie. Nobody else had been a better friend than her. We did everything together, but there was something I wasn't telling her. She was in second year and I wasn't even at school but we were the greatest of friends. She didn't fail to notice that I left once a month and, like always, she became very suspicious. She figured it out eventually but, unlike everyone else, she didn't abandon me. There was a time owever, when I was taken by surprise, and although I had planned for it, the full moon came earlier in the night and I wasn't ready. Still being in the common room dorm, I transformed into a wolf.

I howled and bashed through the door. One person was still there studying and waiting for me to leave though and that was Katie. Dad heard me from the great hall where everyone else was, so he had to rush through all the panicking students before he could get to me.

"She transformed early" All the students were fusing around, scared of what it could be. Dumbledore's voice boomed over the rest.

"QUIET PLEASE" his tone then went considerably lighter "All students are to stay in here, under direct guidance of the prefects and heads of houses" He conjured sleeping bags and briskly walked out a side door with all the teachers in tow, wands out. He ran up the stairs and sprinted to the Gryffindor common room. Katie was sitting there in a frozen state, unable to move, the werewolf struck at the girl by the light of the moon. She screamed out in pain and all the teachers went to restrain the werewolf and take the girl to the hospital wing. That next morning, after I was told what had happened, I was left in a state of shock. I went down to the hospital wing as Katie took her last breath. But before she did, she whispered her final words. Something I will never forget.

"It was never your fault, just know that I love you." It took me days to get over the pain that I brought upon myself and from then on, I had never intentially revealed my secret again.

"Ali, Ali" I was brought back to reality by McGonagall shaking me. "What's wrong, you can tell me" I blinked a few times before clearing my mind.

"Just visions of the past, nothing dreadful." She gave me a look that said I-know-it's-more-then-that look but I just ignored it. She sighed.

"You should get going to bed, i'll see you tomorrow." I smiled and transformed into the beautiful snowy dog, and bounded up the stairs and into Dad's office, where I went to bed.

That night brought lot's of nightmares. Images of werewolves haunted my nightmares and I ended up waking six times that night. When morning came, I was practically falling asleep in my cereal and Dad seemed to notice to.

"Ali, what's wrong?" He asked with a twinkle in his eye. I know that if I lied it would only make it worse. I didn't want to tell him here so I gave him our signal for, "I'll tell you later in the office". More memories flashed before my eyes and I felt tears threaten to come. I finished my cereal and ran out of the hall as fast as I could. I ran down to my favourite tree beside the lake and sat down, allowing the tears to fall from my eyes. Since the accident I had tried to ignore the small nagging feeling at the back of my head telling me it was all my fault. I hadn't thought about it since it had happened and I didn't want to fall back into the hole of madness that I had created after her death. But I knew that I was a danger to everyone around me, and now that Lily thought we were somewhat friends I was more of a danger to her. I was so stuck in my thoughts that I hadn't noticed a figure approach me.

"Alice" came the voice of Lily. Just great, the only person I didn't want to get close to because of my problem. I turned to face her and she audibly gasped. I assumed that I was a mess because of my crying and my suspicions were made true. "You look terrible, whats wrong?" She asked concerned, as she sat down beside me and put her arm around my back. I turned and cried into her shoulder before getting up and running. I didn't know where I was going but I was happy to go anywhere away from Lily, I didn't need another person who I could endanger. As I collapsed onto the ground I finally took in my surroundings. There were trees surrounding me, and I realised that I was lost in the forbidden forest. A large figure came towards me and all I saw was a snake like face before a hot pain went across my face and I felt something that I assumed to be blood, trickle slowly down my cheek. I screamed before blacking out.

Lily P.O.V

She just ran off like that.

"ALICE, ALICE COME BACK" I screamed after her. I went to chase her but she ran far into the forbidden forest. I saw Hagrid outside his hut and I ran up to him.

"Hagrid, Alice ran into the forbidden forest, she needs help." Just as I said that a large, but feeble scream came from the forest. One that I recognised as Alice's. Hagrid's face flitted with fear before he turned to me with an urgent look.

"Go to get professor Dumbledore, tell him what has happened and let him take it from there". I ran towards the school, afraid for what could happen to Alice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry! It took me soooooooooooooooo long to update. I'm trying to make the chapters longer for everyone so it's taking me a whole lot longer to write. How do you guys feel about Alice? Her not wanting friends? Leave your answers in the comments.

Thanks for reading this story,

7Justdealwithit7