Summer Romance (Danny Zuko x Reader)

Word Count: 3,828
For nball97 I hope you like it :)
"I am free," you say as you walk into your father's beach and surf shop. The one customer smiles in your direction as he puts his items, surfboard wax and a cold bottle of Coca-Cola, on the counter. You hear your father laugh.

"You think you're free," he says as he puts the price of the customer's items into the register.

"I am free," you say with a smile as you walk behind the counter, setting your backpack down. "School is officially out for summer and I can now surf my summer away." You had always loved surfing, ever since your father taught you when you were five. It seemed fitting that you would, your father owned a beach and surf shop at the beach. 

"You are not going to spend your whole summer surfing," your father says before turning back to the customer. "That will be three twenty eight."

"Why not," you ask as the customer hands your father four crisp one dollar bills.

"Because I need your help here at the shop," he says as he opens the register to put the money in and get change for the man. "Summer is the busiest season for us."

You sign in relief. "I thought you were going to say something much worse," you say as you look back at your father with a smile. You loved working in the surf shop; you loved helping people find the surfboard that was the best for them as well as helping teach the occasional surfing lesson to tourists, who you knew would never surf again.

You hear your father chuckle as he closes the register and hand the man his change. "I'm glad that you are happy about working," he says. "When I was your age.." You playfully groan before your father can continue.

"I don't want to hear another "when I was your age" story," you say with a small, playful smile.

"That's fine," your father says. "I guess that means you will have to stay in and help me more since these "when I was your age" stories have a life lesson. And that means less time for you to surf."

The smile you had vanished as you saw your father smiling his big smile. "Please tell me that you're joking," you ask, which causes your father to start laughing.

"Of course I am," he says, causing you to smile. "Now go put your bag in the back and we will go get ice cream to celebrate your last day of school."

The smile on your face grows bigger. "Thanks dad," you say before grabbing your bag and rushing to the back. Once you set your bag down, you say to yourself, "This is going to be a good summer." You nod to yourself before turning and heading back out to where your father is.

*One week later*
"That will be six dollars and forty two cents," you say to the woman as you place the six pack of Coca-Cola into a brown bag. The woman hands you a ten dollar bill and you open the register, getting the woman change.

As you are getting the woman her change, you hear the shop door open. You couldn't seem to get a break; people had been flooding the shop all day. Your father was out teaching a surf lesson, so you were left to watch the shop. You always knew that summer was the busiest season, but that did not make it any easier.

You close the register once you have the woman's change. You hand her the change and hold the handles of the brown bag in your hand as she places the change in her purse. "Thank you," she says once the change is in her purse.

"I hope you have a great day," you say as you hand her the bag.

"You too," she says as she takes the bag and leaves.

Musical Imagines (No Longer Taking Request)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara