A New Teacher (Erik Destler x Reader)

Word count 1,366
*Important Author's Note! In all my Erik x reader stories, Christine will not exist! I repeat, Christine doesn't exist in these*
*Your POV*
"Ugh, why did I choose this job of all the jobs Paris offers," you think as you look down at the giant hole in dress you're sewing. "Why is Carlotta so clumsy?"

You moved to Paris once you finished school with dreams of becoming a famous singer at the Opera Popular like others before you. But when you arrived to audition, the managers told you that they didn't have any other roles, so they asked if you wanted to help with costumes. Thinking you can prove your worth by taking the job, you're agree. Now looking back, you realize that accepting the job was a wrong decision. Sighing, you go back to your sewing, imagining how different your life would be if they just let you audition.

After you finish sewing up the hole, you decide to go head to the roof. Even though you were told the roof was off limits, you always go up there when you have the chance. So you sneak to the stairs that lead to the roof and quietly climb them until you reach the door that leads to the roof. Then carefully and quietly, you open the door and step onto the roof.

You have always loved coming up here. It's so peaceful and calm up here, a good place to think. Walking over to the edge, you look out and see the glittering streets of Paris with silhouettes of people walking from store to store. The Eiffel Tower can be dimly seen in the distance, making you smile. "This a reason I moved to Paris," you think. "Because of this."

You then sit on the edge and look at the view. A gentle breeze gently rustles your h/l h/c as you close your e/c eyes, enjoying the peaceful silence. And just when the stress of work is out of mind, you hear a sound, like a footstep.

Your heart skips a beat, thinking someone caught you up here. You turn around and see the roof is completely empty. Sighing in relief, you turn back around. "No one knows I'm here," you think. "It was probably just the wind."

As you continue to look out a the beautiful view, you begin to quietly sing. Singing always makes you feel better and it's fun. As the song progresses, your voice continues to get louder, but, in the moment, you didn't notice. When the song ends, you smile and take a deep breath, happy.

Suddenly, you hear a voice. "Brava, brava, bravissima," a voice says.

Your heart stops; someone found you. "I can expl-," you say as you turn around. But once you turn around, you're don't see anyone. That's when you realize that it's the Phantom of the Opera.

You never believed in him; you only thought he was a story to scare the new workers and ballet dancers. The story says that he watches every performance from Box 5 and demands 20,000 francs a month or else something disastrous will occur. But now, you know the story is true.

Cautiously, you stand up and walk off the ledge, so you are standing on the roof. "W-Who are y-you," you stutter, a little scared.

You hear a laugh from the right, so you turn that way, but don't see anything. "I am the Phantom of the Opera, Madame," the voice says from the left. Turning towards the left, you see no one there.

Getting terrified, you begin to take a few steps back. "W-Where a-are y-you," you stutter even more. That's when your back hits something.

"Where do you think," a deep voice says behind you.

You take a sharp intake of breath before immediately taking a step forward and turning around. What you see surprises you; you don't see a phantom like you imagined, but a man. He's dressed in black from head to toe, expect for a weird white mask on half of his face. His stature is tall and intimidating, but his golden eyes had a subtle softness to them. He is attractive, but you were still scared at the moment to admit it.

As you look at him, you don't know what to do. "Do I run," you think. "Call for help? Stay and see why he's here?" But before you make a choice, the phantom starts talking.

"I heard you singing a few minutes ago," he says as he takes a step towards you. You try to take a step back, but your feet feel like lead, so you just stay where you are. "Your voice is really good, but needs some work."

You look at him a little confused, wondering why he's telling you this. "Why are telling me this," you ask, still scared, but not as much.

"Because I want to make you a deal," he says.

You look at him, unsure. "What is the deal," you ask. He smiles before he takes a few more steps closer to you.

You feel your heart beat faster, whether it's because the dangerous phantom or the handsome man is approaching you, you can't tell. "Wait! What did I just think," you mentally say. "This man is the dreaded phantom who could easily kill me. But then why am I not scared anymore?"

He stops a few feet in front of you, pulling you from your thoughts. "I will give you voice lessons so your voice can become so beautiful, the angels in Heaven will weep," he says.

"What's the catch," you ask.

"I am writing a new opera that is almost finished," he says. "And I need someone to play the leading role. I want you, a student of mine, if you accept, to play the leading role."

You look at him; this is too surreal to be true. "Why would you want me to play the part," you ask. "Why not have someone like Carlotta play the part?"

He looks at you as if you were stupid. "Have you heard her voice," he asks. You nod. "Then you know why she can't play the leading role."

You can't help, but laugh a little. But when you see the phantom's blank expression, you stop laughing.

"So, do you accept the deal," he asks.

You think for a moment. "This could be my chance to perform and show the world my talent, plus to have free voice lessons," you think. "But he could be lying; he could be a weird stalker who has been watching me my whole life."

After a moment, you nod your head. "I accept your deal," you say.

You see the smallest smile flash on his lips. "Wise choice," he says as he runs one of his gloved fingers on one of your cheeks, causing you to shiver slightly. "We will meet here everyday after you finish working."

"Alright," you says with a smile.

"We will start tomorrow miss...," he trails off, not knowing your name.

"F/N," you say. "F/N L/N."

"Well Miss L/N," he says. "I will see you tomorrow." 

You smile. Suddenly, you hear something that causes you to turn around; You don't see anything. You then have a question for the phantom. "Do you have a," you start as you turn around, only to see the phantom gone. "Name," you finish. But something on the ground catches your eyes, so you look down to see a rose.

You step forward and pick up the rose. The petals are a deep red, contrasting well with the green stem and leaves. All the thorns have been removed and a beautiful black, silk ribbon has been tied around the stem. Smiling, you smell the rose, which smells sweet.

As you turn to head downstairs, you feel a breeze, but you also hear a voice. "Erik," the voice says. You smile, recognizing the voice. You now are the only person who knows the phantom's real name. Erik.
----------------------------------------------
Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this. If you want to request one, I will gladly write one for you. Just comment what character you want and I'll have it written for you.