Chapter 20

Jay's POV

I've been home for a little over a month and the crew has decided to throw me a "Welcome Home" party. I think it's unnecessary but I'm gonna let them do them.

Bey and I are doing well and Jaylie is still being her spoiled self.

Bey: Babe, could you ride with me to the store? I have to grab a few things for the party tonight.

Jay: Ask one of the girls to go. The game is about to come on.

Bey: Fine, no pussy for you tonight.

I swear I hate when she does this. I kept telling myself to stop falling into her little games but I couldn't risk not being able to be inside her.

Jay: I swear I'm about to start doing the same shit to you.

Bey: You wouldn't dare.

I went into the room to grab a pair of my Jordans and a coat.

Jay: Bring yo ass on girl.

Bey: Here I come daddy.

Jay: Mmm, I like the sounds of that.

Bey: Yeah, I bet you do.

****
Bey and I got the last of the decorations and picked up the cake. I kept trying to peek inside but Bey insisted that I wait until later.

Bey: Babe, I'm hungry.

Jay: It's already 4:20 and we still have to shower, get dressed and get Jaylie ready. You'll have to wait and eat at the party.

I just stared at the side of his face while he was driving. I wasn't waiting until fucking 7pm to eat and I was already starving.

He drove for a few more minutes and my eyes never left the side of his face.

Jay: I really can't fucking stand you sometimes.

He pulled into the drive thru of Popeyes that was just down the street. That's what I thought because if I would've had to say I was hungry again, we were gonna have a big problem. I ordered the $5 box and a strawberry soda and ate it on the ride to the house.

Jay: Let me get a bite of one of your chicken strips.

Bey: They're all gone.

Jay: Damn girl, it ain't even been 10 minutes.

Bey: Since when does it take 10 minutes to eat 3 chicken strips?

Jay: You just greedy.

Bey: You just mad because you gotta wait until the party to eat.

Jay: I'll just fix me a bowl of cereal at the house.

Bey: Ain't gon taste nothing like this Popeyes biscuit.

He rolled his eyes and picked up my soda and drank the rest. I swear I wanted to cry. I was saving that last lil bit for when I finished this dry ass biscuit.

****

We got back to the house, showered, I bathed Jaylie and we all got dressed.

Bey: Alright, we need to heading out.