Chapter 19

I've been staying at Kaycee and Mia's place for the past few weeks. I had decided that Jay and I needed space. Dillon was another person I was avoiding, he was getting too clingy.

Finals were over with and I was now on break. I wanted to go home and be with Jay and Jaylie but we haven't resolved any of our issues.

I checked my notifications and seen that I had two missed calls. One from Jay and the other was from Dillon. I decided to return Jay's call.

Jay: Hello?

Bey: Yeah, what's up? I was just returning your call.

Jay: Oh yeah. I was just calling to see if you wanted to go Christmas shopping with me for Jaylie.

Bey: Uh, sure. What time should I be ready?

Jay: I'll pick you up around 3.

Bey: Alright, see you later.

That was my first time holding an actual conversation with him since the whole situation with Brie happened. I couldn't stay mad at him for long.

I decided to do some laundry to start my day.

Mia: I'm about to start breakfast. Want some?

Bey: Yep, what's on the menu?

Mia: I found this cinnamon roll waffle recipe that I want to try out.

Bey: Sounds good to me.

Unlike myself, Mia loved to cooked. I only cooked when I had to. She had decided that she'd enroll in culinary school in the spring. That's one thing I'd miss about staying here, Mia was a great chef.

After eating and finishing laundry, I went to run a few errands with Mia. If you haven't noticed, we've grown pretty close in the last few months. It felt good to have another close female friend since Nicki spends a lot of her time in Philly.

I received a text message from Jay.

Jay: I'll be pulling up in 10

I grabbed my purse and whatever else I'd need and headed out the door.

When I got into the car neither of us spoke to the other. I wanted to say something and I wanted us to be cool again but I couldn't shake the feelings I had for him. I couldn't believe that he had sex with another girl in the bed that we shared.

Another 5 minutes of silence passed by.

Jay: Bey, I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry.

Bey: What exactly are you sorry for, Shawn?

Jay: Ay chill with that attitude shit. I'm trying to be the bigger person here.

Bey: I'm waiting.....

Jay: I'm sorry for bringing that girl into our home.

Bey: And what else?

Jay: About that, we didn't even have sex. I said that to get under your skin. Immature, I know. But seeing you with all those different dudes was making me feel some type of way.

Bey: So why was she in the room?

Jay: I let her suck my dick. But that's it. I swear.

I know that it's not as bad as them having sex in the room but I still didn't like it. I didn't know how to respond though.

Jay: So you don't have anything to say?

Bey: Nah, not really.

Jay: *scoffs* You know when I told you that u was in love with you I wasn't just saying that to get in your pants? I'd been planning to ask you to be my girl for a while now but you were always too busy or with Dillon.