Chapter 17

Saturday Night

Jay: Be safe out there and call me if shit don't seem right or you're ready to come home.

I was about to head to Dillon's party on campus and Jay insisted on giving me this long speech like I'm his child.

Bey: Ok, daddy Jay.

I replied sarcastically.

Jay: Daddy Jay? I like the way that sounds.

Bey: Whatever. What are you getting into tonight?

Jay: Jaylie has a doctors appointment in the morning so I'm staying in. Tyty said him and the boys might come through before they go out.

Bey: Alright, tell them don't be messing up the house because I spent the entire day cleaning up after you and Jaylie.

Jay: I got everything under control. Don't worry.

Bey: Mhm, you better.

Jay: Oh, I need you to clear your schedule tomorrow.

Bey: That shouldn't be a problem. What do you have planned?

Jay: It's a surprise.

Bey: Ugh, whatever. But I'm gonna head out because the girls are downstairs waiting on me. I love you and give baby girl a kiss for me.

Jay: Aight, love you too.

He kissed me on the cheek before I made my way out the door.

I received a text message on my way to the car.

Dillon: Just tell the guard your name and show him your student ID. He'll escort y'all to y'all section. Don't stand in that line.

Bey: Ok. We're on our way now.

Nicki, Mia, and Kaycee were all in the car waiting. I didn't even bother inviting Kelly.

Nicki: Damn, did y'all have to get a quickie in before he let you out the door?

I told Nicki about me and Jay having sex. She was the only person that knew.

Bey: I don't know what you're talking about.

Nicki: Mhm.

Kaycee: I hope this nigga got some fine friends. Don't have us in here with no lames Bey.

Bey: Everything is taken care of and I'm sure he has friends.

Mia: Good. I plan on getting some dick tonight.

Bey: Wait, what happened to Carlos?

Mia: Who?

Kaycee: Ever since Mia found out that nigga got a kid she been acting like he doesn't exist anymore.

I laughed at their foolishness

Bey: You are so wrong.

Mia: I'm too young to be playing step mommy. I'll pass. No offense, Bey.

Bey: None taken. Me and Jay's situation doesn't pertain to anyone else. We good over here.

Kaycee: You better defend your man girl!

Nicki: Y'all know she don't play about Jay and Jaylie.

Bey: Y'all are a mess but can we talk about something else? I'm about to go to my first party and I really don't know what to expect.