Chapter 1

I walked into my room at the new orphanage that I'd be staying at. I obviously had a roommate but she wasn't present at the moment. Her side was really pink and girly, which I didn't mind but I'm the complete opposite. They gave me a tour of the place and it wasn't nasty and broke down like many of the homes you hear about. It's more like a group home for homeless teens and those without families. The rooms resembled dormitories and after all I was grateful to be here. Saint Peters Home For Teens is a very hard place to get into and there's usually a waiting list. Everyone here ranges from ages 12-18. Ages 12-14 on one side and 15-18 on the other side.

I'm Beyoncé Knowles and I'm 15 years old. I'm from Houston, Texas and my parents died when I was 7 when they were visiting Africa doing missionary work. They were both doctors and volunteered their services overseas but things went wrong and they were killed in a raid by terrorist.

I was adopted when I was 8 by what I thought was a lovely family. It was just a wife, husband, and they had a son named Trey who was 3 years older than me. They had always wanted a daughter but after having ovarian cancer, Mrs. Thomas, the woman that adopted me, was no longer able to have conceive. They treated me like family, I lived a good life for those few years, but later I had noticed that things had changed. Come to find out Mr. Thomas was having an affair and had two other children. I guess Mrs. Thomas was determined to make their relationship work because she never filed for divorce. By the time I was 12, things seemed to be back to normal. That was up until I turned 15. I hit puberty and I was developing like crazy, boobs and ass everywhere. Now my growth wasn't crazy but it was definitely noticeable, especially to boys and older men. Me being shy and quiet, this made me really self-conscious and Mr. Thomas and Trey taking notice definitely didn't make it any better. I hated being left alone with them. When I was 15, Trey was 18 and a senior in high school and I could tell that once my body began to develop, he no longer looked at me as a little sister. He would touch me inappropriately, come sleep in my bed at night and even told me that we should be together but keep it on the down low. Mr. Thomas also made his comments and this is when Mrs. Thomas started taking notice. I was no longer allowed to dress like a normal teenaged girl.

I had to wear baggy lounge clothes around the house that didn't show off my figure, I wasn't allowed to wear dresses, shorts, or anything that showed off my curves and legs, and she only bought me sports bras to compress by full C cup boobs.

I no longer felt like myself and I was constantly walking on egg shells. About a month ago she told me that I was no longer able to stay at her house and that I would be sent back to a home. I was devastated on one end but then again I was relieved to be away from those men. Mrs. Thomas obviously had her insecurities and expressed that she didn't feel comfortable having me around her husband.

The sucky part of it is that 3 years ago, Mr. Thomas decided that it would be best if he left his other family behind in Houston and move to New York City. We relocated and I'm assuming that he never talked to the woman again or saw his other two kids. I'm sure that's exactly what Mrs. Thomas wanted. So not only was I put out, I was left to fend for myself in a city that I hardly knew anything about.

As I was unpacking my things, a girl had entered the room. She was slim, her skin was smooth and chocolatey, and she was a little taller than me with dark hair and full lips.

Kelly: Hey, my name and Kelly. You must be my new roommate, is it Bianca?

Beyoncé: It's Beyoncé but you can call me Bey.

Kelly: I just knew I was gonna butcher that but nice to finally meet you, Bey.

Beyoncé: Yeah, same.

Kelly: Oh please don't be one of those super shy goody goody girls.

I just smiled and shrugged.

Beyoncé: I mean, what can I say?

Kelly: Oh lord, we're definitely gonna have to break you out of that shell. How old are you?

Beyoncé: 15, what about you?

Kelly: Same, but I'll be 16 in a few months.

I just nodded and continued unpacking. I never really had friends, I was always in my room reading, doing homework, listening to music or sleeping. I didn't have much of a social life.

Kelly: I could help you unpack if you'd like.

Beyoncé: That would be nice. Thank you.

Kelly: No problem girl. Have you met anyone around here?

Beyoncé: Nope, just you.

Kelly: Okay, well when we're done I'll take you to meet the crew and give you the ins and outs of this place. It's really not that bad.

Once we finished putting all of my things away and organizing, I got in the shower and changed my clothes. Kelly is a really cool chick and love that we clicked instantly. Maybe I've found my first real friend. Once I was out of the shower, I put on baggy sweats and a t-shirt, still self-conscious as ever. I hated any attention that I got stemming from my body, especially from guys.

When we walked into what it looked to be a commons area, there was a TV, foosball table, air hockey table, pool table, a small study area with computers, and a lounge area. On the couch there were a group of maybe 7-10 people all sprawled out. Some were sitting on the floor.

Kelly: Okay, everyone this is my new roommate Beyoncé, Beyoncé is the crew. That's Nicki, Meek, Ty, Aaliyah, Jay, Emory, Mia, Kaycee, AJ, and Danny.

Beyoncé: Hey y'all.

Nicki: Oh damn, she's country as fuck.

Her comment didn't really bother me, I was used to it. Besides, I love my accent and learned to embrace it over time. It was the only part of Houston that I had left.

Jay: Where you from, ma?

He was brown skinned, with big lips, a big nose, and nice brown eyes, but oddly enough I found him attractive in a weird kind of way. Mrs. Thomas used to always tell me that my taste in guys was a little off. I just liked what I liked but still never had a boyfriend or even talked to a guy on a phone. It was okay to look though but not too hard because the Aaliyah girl was sitting on his lap and I assumed that she was his girlfriend.

Beyoncé: Houston, Texas.

Jay: Cool, I'm just gonna call you Houston. Welcome to the crew.

Mia: We were just about to watch Love and Basketball. It's our Monday Movie Night. You can come sit if you want.

I made my way over and conversed a little with everyone before the movie started, they all made me feel welcomed so maybe this won't be so bad after all.

------------------------------------------------
AN: Okay let me know what you guys think, I need real feedback.

Do you guys like the storyline so far?

What characters do you think will be your favorites?

I can update again today if y'all would like.