Chapter 18

When I woke up it was 1:24pm. Jay wasn't in bed with me so I got up and went to take a shower. My body was aching from last night so the hot water felt really good on my skin. I got out and took a few Advil before freshening up some more.

I decided to wear my vintage Rockets jersey as a little dress and paired it with my white Huaraches. I called Jay because he said that he had plans for us today but him and Jaylie weren't home. The first time he didn't answer and the next few times he sent me to voicemail. I'm not sure what his problem is but I didn't plan on sitting in the house all day.

I decided to hit up Nicki to see what the plan was for the day. I went to look for something to eat and it was definitely time for me to go grocery shopping. Whenever I sent Jay he just brought back hella snacks. I settled for a bowl of cereal and Nicki hit me up and told me that there was a BBQ happening today at the park. I guess that was the move. After I finished my cereal, I grabbed my purse and headed out because she was only up the street.

If Jay wants to be bothered with me today I'm sure he'll call.

When we pulled up there were people everywhere and the music filled the streets.

Nicki: I'm warning you now that Jay is here with some chick. At least that's what Meek told me. Apparently he met her at work.

Bey: Okay, is Jaylie here?

Nicki: Yeah, there they are.

I looked over and our whole lil crew was sitting together. Jaylie called out for me as we made over way over to them.

Jaylie: Mommy!

Jay looked at me but didn't say anything. He knows this attitude shit don't fly with me.

Bey: Hey princess!

I picked her up off of Jay's lap and made sure I spoke to everyone.

The girl that was sitting next to Jay decided to speak up. At least someone has manners.

Girl: Hey, my name is Brie. You're Beyoncé, right?

Bey: Yeah, but you can call me Bey

Brie: I've heard a lot about you. Jay and I work together.

Bey: Oh, that's nice. It sucks that he's never mentioned you before though.

Mia damn near choked on her rib and Nicki tried to act like she was laughing at something on her phone, knowing damn well... I mean, I wasn't even trying to be rude.

Jay mugged me and I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

I got up and handed Jaylie over to Nicki. I was going to make me a plate. I was hungry as hell and the little ass bowl a cereal didn't do nothing for me. I didn't even bother getting sides, I was grabbing all meat.

Guy: Damn, you gon eat all of that?