Chapter 3

I had finally got adjusted at the new school I was attending, Tillman High School. The whole crew attended, except Jay. I didn't ask why because I didn't think it was my business but I was still curious.

I was walking to the store to get some tampons and pain medicine after school, it was that time of the month and I felt like crap. Everyone else had headed back to the home and I decided to walk by myself. When I got to the front, I seen Jay posted outside with some guys that I've never seen before but he didn't see me. All of the guys he was with looked like they were up to no good. I went inside and got what I needed and some snacks. I checked out and when I was walking out it looked like Jay was making a deal with a junky. Never in a millions years would I have thought that Jay was out here dealing drugs. I wonder if everyone else knows?

Random guy: Aye yellow bone!

I really hated when guys cat called me and he was one of the guys that was standing with Jay.

Random guy: Aye can I holler at you for a minute?!

And he has the nerve to be yelling at me. Niggas are so rude.

I kept walking and I heard Jay tell him to chill out.

Random guy: Oh damn Jay you hitting that?

Jay: Hell naw, you know I'm with Liyah.

Random guy: You know her or something?

Jay: Yeah, that's why I'm telling you to chill. She don't want none of you niggas.

Random guy: Just put me on man.

Jay: I said no and I'm not gonna say it again.

I didn't hear anything from the guy anymore and I never made eye contact with Jay. Suddenly, I heard a voice behind me and it startled me a little.

Jay: Why are you walking by yourself?

I turned around and seen it was Jay.

Bey: Because I needed to get some stuff.

Jay: Okay, why couldn't you have Kelly or someone walk with you?

Bey: I'm a big girl. I can handle myself.

Jay: Yeah, whatever. I still don't feel comfortable with you walking alone so I'm gonna walk back with you.

Bey: Don't you have some drugs or something to be selling?

Jay: What are you talking about?

Bey: Don't try to play me like I'm stupid because that's something that I'm not.

Jay: You didn't see what you think you saw.

Bey: So now I'm blind? Just go back to doing what you were doing.

Jay: Why are you being so hostile?

Bey: You're making bad decisions out here. Aaliyah is okay with this?

Jay: She doesn't know and we're gonna keep it that way, right?

Bey: That's your business, not mine.

Jay: Exactly, so drop the attitude.

I just scoffed and walked away.

Jay: Stop walking away from me.

Bey: I'm not about to walk with you if you have drugs on you still.

Jay: I sold them all.

Bey: Good for you.

He just shook his head and grabbed my bag and we continued walking to the home.

Bey: Why aren't you in school?