"are you.. feeling better?" iwaizumi asked, and oikawa didn't expect him to ask him that.

oikawa was slightly taken aback for a moment there, but he managed to give iwaizumi a reply he needed. "i'm okay, thanks for asking.. iwa-chan" oikawa smiled, much to the relief of iwaizumi.

iwaizumi sighed in relief as his body relaxed, feeling like a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders and breathing out an 'oh.. thank god'.

"so- how are you today? how's school?" oikawa started, placing his elbows on the window frame and rested his chin on the palm of his hands.

"ah.. extra class is tiring as always. and now my mom is late from work and i'm hungry"

"me and oka-chan were just back from-" the words slipped out of oikawa's mouth accidentally, and oikawa quickly think of a lie, "the market. and she's going to make chicken wings! if iwa-chan wants too.."

iwaizumi let himself exhaled heavily at the thought of having his empty stomach filled with delicious, warm chicken wings, "that will be great, thank you so much oikawa.." he said, completely ignoring the fact that oikawa had been going in an out from the market every time these days.

oikawa smiled, "always a pleasure, iwa-chan"

"how's truffle?" iwaizumi started wondering about his cat's well being, he hadn't seen him in awhile.

"mr.skittles is fine! he's sleeping right now" oikawa chuckles as he turned around when he heard mr.skittles- or truffle soft snores behind him. "if you're closer you could hear his soft snores, it's so cute"

iwaizumi sighed, "that's good to hear.." he placed his hand on his forehead, and started rubbing it with his index finger, "i feel so awful.. i haven't seen him in a while- im a horrible dad"

oikawa turned his head back to iwaizumi, arching an eyebrow as his lips slipped into a smirk. "oooohh playing daddy here, iwa-chan? how bold of you.."

iwaizumi felt his cheeks heat up, "shu-shut up, oikawa!" he stammered, "im just playing our part as his parents okay!"

"ooh!! so i'm the mom?"

iwaizumi gave oikawa a bored look, "you're the dad too, shittykawa. you're a boy."

"so we're both his dads?"

"kind of.."

"how exciting!"

"i feel like punching you in the jaw, you know"

"iwa-chan, rude!"

oikawa sighed as their small brawl ended. "we're running out of food for mr. skittles- i might think of buying some more tonight" oikawa informed him.

iwaizumi furrowed his eyebrows, "i thought you were already from the market?"

oikawa chocked on his own words, "oh- eh! well i have just only realized we're running out of food when i got home!" oikawa lied, and thankfully, iwaizumi believed him.

"oh.."

suddenly, an idea popped into his head. it was nothing special or big really, it's just that it's been awhile since oikawa saw iwaizumi, and he was thankful they got to see each other again. he thought of asking iwaizumi to come with him to the market to buy food for their dear cat. after all, it would be cute to play as parents in the market.

"so iwa-chan.."

"hey oikawa.."

the two of them spoke at the same time, and they quickly went quiet and stare at each other.

"what do you want to say?" iwaizumi was the one to ask first.

oikawa suddenly had no courage to ask iwaizumi to go with him. "o-oh, no iwa-chan you go first.. what was it that you wanted to say?"

"oh- well.. it's about my crush" iwaizumi started, scratching the back of his head nervously.

oikawa could see the smile rising on his face and he felt his stomach twist, "what about your crush?" oikawa didn't even realized he was starting to grip onto the window frame tighter.

he managed to keep smiling though.

"well, she asked me to study with her at her house, again.. tonight"

there it is.

oikawa knew perfectly what he was feeling, and why he was feeling that way- he just didn't expect him to feel those ways towards iwaizumi. true, he had been giving those kinds of signal to iwaizumi, but all this time he was just joking around about it- well, until right now, those feelings are becoming evident.

"oh really?" oikawa acted like he was surprised and both happy for iwaizumi. it hurts him, he really did want to be happy for iwaizumi.

"yeah.." iwaizumi chuckled slightly, "she just broke up with her boyfriend.."

oikawa felt his heart clenched. his grip on the window frame loosened and he prayed for dear god iwaizumi didn't realize he was tensing. "oh.."

"do you think i have a chance with her?" iwaizumi was looking away from oikawa, gazing out on the sky above. a smile was playing on his lips as he failed to notice to see an obviously upset oikawa, "do you think- i should, try?"

oikawa bit his lips. his heart sank as he stare at the smile of iwaizumi's face. he was really infatuated with her, and that was something oikawa knows he can't compete.

"i think, you should.." oikawa managed to stretch his lips into a smile, even though it pains him too. it wasn't supposed to be this hard for him to fake around iwaizumi, but its different now, and it pains him to pretend to be happy for iwaizumi when he clearly isn't.

"really?" iwaizumi's face lit up and oikawa nodded with a heavy heart, the smile never left his face. 

"oikawa! dinner is ready!" oikawa heard his mom yelled from downstairs. 

"coming, oka-chan!" he shouted back over his shoulder. "i gotta go now, iwa-chan!"

"w-wait, what was it that you're going to say?" oikawa stopped on his tracks and turned around to iwaizumi.

"oh its nothing important! iwa-chan go and get ready for your study date tonight! i'll bring some chicken wings after im done!" oikawa waved his hands dismissively. 

iwaizumi sighed as his lips cornered to one side, "okay then, i'll try to look not disgusting for her tonight"

oikawa rolled his eyes, a smile playing on his lips as he did so, "please iwa-chan, you're already hot as fuck, you can come to her house wearing just a pajamas and she would still let you pin her against a wall"

iwaizumi laughed. "i dont think so.. girls are pretty picky when it comes to boys. gotta take it seriously, you know.."

oikawa smiled at iwaizumi's words, giving him a look that he understands what iwaizumi was talking about without a reply. he turned around, "maybe you should consider boys then.." oikawa muttered under his breath in a very small voice, careful not to let iwaizumi hear him before continuing to walk out from his room to have dinner.