~When They Ask You Out~

(Y/N) = Your name

(B/F/N) = Best Friend's Name

(F/N) = Friend's Name

(E/C) = Eye Colour

(H/C) = Hair Colour

(F/C) = Favourite Colour

(H/L) = Hair Length 

(F/R) = Favourite Restaurant

(F/S) = Favourite Song

Karkat 

It was the end of the week where you had been cooking all of Karkat's meals. To say thanks to you, he had invited you over for dinner - which would be take-out from a little Chinese place down from his hive. You sighed, looking to see it was an hour till you were expected. Getting off of your couch, you changed out of your hoodie, leggings and Uggs into jeans, a white jumper and brown ankle boots. Quickly brushing your hair into a semi respectable messy bun then adding a little bit of make-up, you grabbed your phone and bag, making the journey to the small troll's hive. 

It was a short trip and you were there in five minutes. Thankfully on time, you walked straight in, yelling a "HEY!" to announce your presence. A loud bang echoed from the kitchen, along with a long stream of shouts and swearing. You smiled and made your way to where an angry Karkat stood rubbing his head.

"IDIOT! NEXT TIME JUST KNOCK LIKE A NORMAL FUCKING HUMAN BEING! JEGUS!" 

"And a good evening to you too, Karkles. Come here, lemme give you a hug to say sorry." 

You ignored him shaking his head in protest, and wrapped your arms around him, resting your head on top of his fluffy curls. You could hear him sigh, and return the hug before letting go, off to get the take-out from the bag it came in. Sitting at the circular table, you both laughed and talked about how fast your friendship had come, and how strange the first meeting was between you both. As the conversation flowed with a little less ease, and an awkward silence took over, Karkat cleared his throat, and through his blushing, looked at you with a small smile.

"JEGUS, UH WELL...LISTEN (Y/N), I HAVE THIS...THING I HAVE TO TELL YOU AND I WANT YOU TO JUST LISTEN FIRST BEFORE SPEAKING."

He took a deep breath and continued. "EVER SINCE I MET YOU, WELL MAYBE A LITTLE LATER, I KNEW THAT YOU WERE A SPECIAL PERSON WHO COULD MATCH MY TEMPER, AND MAKE ME FEEL THAT LITTLE BIT BETTER ABOUT MY SHITTY STATE OF BEING. WHAT IM TRYING TO STUTTER OUT HERE IS I AM FUCKING FLUSHING AS RED FOR YOU AS MY CHEEKS, AND I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT EVEN IF YOU DON'T FEEL THE SAME WAY I-"

The speech was cut of by you lightly pressing your lips to his, pulling away slowly, your eyes glistening and tearing up. Not trusting yourself to speak, all you did was nod. A huge smile came onto Karkat's lips as he pulled you closer to him, resting his head on your shoulder.

Aradia

Aradia had yet to come visit you today, which worried you. You had left ten voicemails on her phone and tried to text her at least twenty times, but you got no answer. This was odd, as she was always on time to come say hi, and she had never done something like this before. If she was going to be late, or not come in at all, she usually text or called you, and saying sorry multiple times in the process, promising to be early the next day or something. You figured that worrying would do her no good, and that she would want you to work even harder. So, you devoted yourself to your work for the time being, pushing Aradia to the back of your mind, as hard as it was. 

 Around lunchtime, when you were on break in the office, the click of the door opening echoed through the quiet building. Setting down your bagel and newspaper, you got up to see who was there, quickly brushing crumbs off your pants and mouth. Standing in front of the desk where you had cards and things stood the troll with busy black hair and ram like horns, a bouquet of flowers in hand and a box of your favourite chocolate on the desk. She smiled at you, and set the flowers down gently, walking towards you.