Prologue

I haven't had it easy. In fact, my life has been one car crash after another, leaving me a broken shell of the girl I used to be.

Although I still had severe trust issues, I was trying my best to believe that the people in my life only had my best interests at heart. After being kidnapped, threatened on a daily basis and attacked, it was hard for someone like me to believe that anybody could care for me when I'd been shown otherwise.

Of course, I had Shadow now. It took me a long while but I know in my heart that he wouldn't hurt me. I believed that. For whatever reason, he wanted me and that made me happier than anything. I finally felt like I could be fixed, that my demons would one day be finally laid to rest. It would take time; scars didn't disappear so easily. I knew I would get there eventually though because I had Shadow, Leah, Alec and Ric helping me whenever I needed them.

So when I started to have my doubts about something, I found myself wondering what I should do. If I told Shadow what my assumptions were, he wouldn't be happy and yet, if I was right, all hell would break loose.

As it turned out though, I wasn't the only one having doubts.

______________________

AN: I wasn't going to say anything but apparently some people are confused so I thought I'd clear it up.
Violet is an abuse victim. Her age doesn't matter because when abuse has gone for years, you no longer think you'll escape. You don't leave because you believe what the abusive person is saying. That's what Violet thinks. She didn't believe she could make it out alive because she believed her fathers threats. She believed everything he said to her. When he threatened to kill her if she tried to escape, she believed that.
I get that she can be annoying, some scenes I wrote had me rolling my eyes at Violet but she has trust issues. Severe trust issues. She is depressed, she believes everyone will eventually hurt her or leave because that's all she has ever known. 
So when she meets Shadow and is making us all roll our eyes because one minute she wants to kiss the shit out of him and the next she's calling him a monster, please keep in mind everything that has happened in her life and the effect it has had on her emotionally and psychologically.
Also, just a quick thank you to each and every single one of you that has  voted/commented and supported Broken Wings. I never imagined so many would like it but I am so grateful to everybody! So thank you so much! :D