24

Narrator 

"Mr. Lee." Jimin firmly stated as pat Saki's back to comfort her. All of the boys eyes hardened and Yoongi balled up his fists.

"So you're the man who abandoned our Sakina." Yoongi said with a dead glare.

"Yoongi.." Jin warned. As much as Jin agreed, he didn't want to come off as disrespectful.

"No. No. I deserved that. Probably even more. I neglected my own daughter and I shouldn't have. Not when she needed me the most." The man looked down. Saki looked at him in shock. Since when did he talked like that?

"I've changed.. I promise you I did. My wife here.. she helped me. She's my therapist and that's how we became close. We met through my sessions." The man's eyes were glued on his daughter and so was his wife's.

"You're much more beautiful in person." The woman smiled gently at Saki as she return it with a thanks. "He always carry a picture of you in his wallet. Along with a picture of you and him when you were little."

Saki smiled sadly. 

'But mom isn't in there?' She thought.

"That's nice, I guess." She looked at the man who is known as her father. His face was no longer wrinkled or heavy. The bags under his eyes disappeared. This was a man she did not recognized. The couple was dressed nicely in suit and dress. It looked as if her father had cleaned himself up.

"Uhm.. why don't we continue talking in the living room." Namjoon broke the silence as they all agreed and sat down on the couches. Saki sat between Jimin and Jungkook.

Jungkook looked at the broken girl as she was facing her fear and past in front of her. He slowly held her hand and surprisingly, she held back. She didn't look at him though, she was still staring at her father. At this moment, he knew she just needed someone to be with her and he wanted to be that someone. He gave her hand a gentle squeezed as the man continued talking.

"I sold our old house and decided to move back here with this woman." The man smiled over at his wife. 

"That place was filled with too much burden." He looked down, regretting all the things he did and didn't do.

"I fixed myself up well, as you can see." He slightly chuckled, pointing himself out. J-Hope smiled at this, having a little hope inside him that Saki's family wasn't too far gone. It was always him that gave out hope when no other could.

"I returned to my old job. I started to live the way that I should have been living in the first place. I'm a lawyer again." The man stated.

"He's been working really hard." The woman held Saki's father's hands tightly in assurance. "You'd be proud."

"I probably would be if he didn't gave me away so easily." Saki said out loud, coldly. It shocked all of them. She was still bitter at the way her father had lived and treated her.

"You know I didn't mean it.." Her father looked down.

"No. You did. You meant everything you said and did. You might've regretted it but it doesn't mean you didn't mean it. You had plenty time to cope and think after mom's death but you chose that life style instead. It was a choice you made, not forced. At that time, you wanted it so you did meant it. Even if you changed now, it still doesn't affect what you were like in the past."

The rest stayed back and watch the debate unfold between the man and his daughter.

"No.. it doesn't. Only the future-" Saki cut him off.

"And I beg you to stay like this for the future. For your new future with your wife and whatever kids you plan on having. For you family. But just without me." Saki stated.

"I can take you back." Her father desperately reach out, wanting to rebuild the bond he once had with his daughter.

"No you can't. No one can. I'm my own independent person now. I'm officially an adult. Have you already forgotten that? My birthday? The months that have passed by with you still neglecting me?" Saki shook her head in disappointment. In her eyes, he was ready to be a decent person again, just not a father.

"I'm sorry." The man looked down. He soon stood up with the woman and they bid their goodbyes.

"It's getting let. We'll let you all sleep. Goodbye." He avoided eye contact with Saki. She didn't expect anything more or less from him.

Soon after, the boys have left one by one and now it was just Saki and Jimin.

"Today has been.. a day." Jimin lowly chuckled, yawning afterwards.

"Yeah.. it has." Saki smiled. But that soon faded after recalling the moment she had outside with Jungkook.

"It's late. Let's go to bed. Good night Jiminie pabo." Saki stuck my tongue out and ran up the stairs, giggling.

"Yahh!" Jimin yelled. "Aish.. this girl." 

He smiled, hearing her giggles as he followed her up the stairs.