Chapter Twenty-One

I feel the adrenaline go through my body as the ride turns us upside down. I open my eyes and then regret it. I am so high!

I find Ethan's hand and squeeze it.

We all yell as we go back down.

"Ohmygod! That was fun!" I say as we get off.

Ethan laughs. "Yeah, I'm a little lightheaded though. You are choosing all the scary rides."

I give him that look. "A werewolf scared of heights?"

"Hey, I never said I was invicible."

We laugh but my laugh is cut short when I lay my eyes on someone I was not expecting. He is glaring at me for a moment, just a few feet away, and then, suddenly, he isn't there.

"Alex...?" I whisper.

"Leila?" Ethan asks following my gaze. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head. "Nothing. I thought I saw someone."

"Do you want to go home?"

"No!" I almost yell. "I am having fun aren't you?"

He smiles. "Of course I am. I miss this." he squeezes my hand. "I miss us."

I smile shyly at him and, probably because I am drunk, I squeeze his hand back and say, "I do too."

______________

I open my eyes to darkness. I groan when I move my head and it hurts like hell. Ethan must have brought me to my room after the fair.

I check the time on my phone. It's 4 in the morning. I suddenly hear movement and I almost yell when I see a pair of blue eyes glaring at me.

"Alexander! You scared me to death!" I say sitting up. I look up at him. "What are you doing here?"

He walks to me until his whole self is visible. I feel relief wash over me. It is so good to see him again. I want him to touch me or do anything but he stands there. Something's wrong, something's very wrong.

"I came as soon as Jake told me you got drunk and that you went out with Ethan." he says but there is a threat behind his words. He sounds dangerous and I feel a little scared of his coldness.

I roll my eyes at him. "Jake really can't keep his mouth shut can he?"

"You still like him." he growls.

I sigh. "Are you serious right now? All I did is have some fun. Why do you have to take everything so serious? I don't-"

"I am letting you go." he interrupts me.

I look up at him, shocked. "What?"

"I am letting you go." he repeats. "I don't want you to be with me because I am making you. Tonight, I saw how happy HE makes you and I realized that I just want you to be happy."

"So that's all?" I ask and I can't help the crack of my voice in the end. "This whole mate thing is over? You're over me just like that? You know that this is a bunch of bullshit right?"

He sighs sadly. "I am leaving, Leila. Out of your life. I am not over you, I will never be. My wolf is angry at me for doing this but I just want you to be happy and you are happy here. So, I'll leave."

He pecks my forehead one last time before disappearing. I sit there, shocked.

Did that really just happen? Did I really just got dumped? I never get dumped.

I can't believe this. Alexander finally got tired of me. That's a good thing, right? This is all I ever wanted.

Ugh. This isn't helping my headache. I get in the shower, still a little shocked as to what just happened. I change quickly and then make my way to Michael's room. I find him alone and awake.

He smiles when he sees me. "Hey."

I run and hug him. "Do you have any idea how worried I was? You can't leave me too."

He tightens his arms around me. "I will never leave you, Leila."

"Yeah, I've heard that before." I mumble sadly.

"You mean Alexander." He says.

I look at him. "How do you know?"

"He came to talk to me. Leila, do you want to be with him?"

"Do I want to be with a guy that just dumped me? Are you kidding? No! It's better for me to stay here." I smile. "Besides, I missed making your life impossible."

He grins. "I can't believe I'm going to say this but I missed that too."

We laugh.

It's so good to spend time with Michael when he is not on Alpha mode. I missed him.

Alexander will regret dumping me. I feel a sudden pain only thinking about him. Its my wolf but she won't make me weak.

I finally got what I've always wanted:
my old life back.

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter but it just felt right to end it there. Sooo what do you guys think? talk to me please!:)