Chapter Five

I frown at the word and at how tightly his hand is around my arm.

"Let me go!" I struggle my arm out of his strength.

My wolf is mad at me. She wants me to stay in his arms. She loves the butterflies we feel.

I finally yank my arm. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Leila?"

I half run to Ethan'a side and that makes the guy growl.

"I need chocolate now." I whisper in Ethan'a ear.

"That's impossible." I hear Tony whisper, looking at the guy and then at me.

Ethan nods then takes a bar from his pocket and hands it to me.

"Oh thank you." I breath then eat it quickly.

"What is going on?" The guy demands in a strong voice.

Ethan looks at him for the first time and I watch in shock when he actually bows down his head at him.

He's an Alpha. Are you kidding me? Dammit! Why does this have to happen to me?!

I hide behind Ethan, not liking the way the Alpha is looking at me.

Tony begins to whisper something in the Alpha's ear.

I take that as an opportunity and grab Ethan's hand. I pull him out of the restaurant. Chocolate has calmed down my wolf which makes me even stronger and easier for me to run away from him. Suddenly, the Alpha grabs my arm and pulls me away from Ethan. "You are not going anywhere with him." Then he nods at Tony.

I watch as two other werewolves take Ethan and force him into a car.

"Ethan!" I yell running to him just to be stopped by the Alpha again. "Who the hell do you think you are?"

He looks down at me. "You are mine."

"What?" I ask, "What the hell are you talking about?"

"You are human." He says looking at me.

Oh my god. He can't smell my wolf. He thinks I'm human. Maybe I can actually make it out. Maybe I can convince him that I am not his mate.

"Of course I am." I say. "What? You are not?"

He frowns at my words. "Where do you come from?"

"How is that any of your business?" I retort. "Where did they take Ethan?"

"Alexander." Tony says.

I turn around and watch as the Alpha, Alexander, and Tony begin to whisper again. I realize that the car has driven away. Where did they take Ethan? I can't live without him. Not now. Not ever.

Alexander and Tony are in a deep conversation. There's no time to waste. I start running. I make my way to the woods. I have no idea where I am going or what I am thinking. I mean, I am not going to outrun an Alpha but I have to try. As I run, I actually consider letting my wolf out. She is much faster than me.

And then I am tackled down the ground. I groan with pain as my forehead hits a tree trunk. And then I am rolling on the ground.

"Oh god. Are you alright?" Alexander asks with a worried look on his face.

I glare up at him. "Jeez. I don't know. What do you think? I ask touching my forehead just to touch the blood on my left eyebrow.

He puts an arm around my waist and pulls me up as if I were a feather. I can't ignore the tingles I feel in my stomach at his touch.

Stupid wolf.

He takes off his shirt and begins to clean the blood off my eyebrow. I look down at my feet to keep myself from looking at his six pack.