Chapter Seventeen- Alexander's POV

I make my way into the house, pleased to know that no one is in there but my mate. Ever since Damian was able to take her under my own watch, I have ordered everyone to not go into the house. There is no reason for them to be in there with her. I don't like the idea of her being in the house alone with another male. My wolf growls just to think about it.

I was surprised but please to find out that Michael left. The fact that Leila was the one to decide to stay here with me, makes both my wolf and I very happy. I walk up the stairs quietly. I can already hear her soft breathing in the room. I open the door to the dark room and a smile creeps my lips when I see her on the bed, sleeping. She is laying on her side, giving me her back.

I walk to the bed as I kick off my shoes and then lay next to her. I put my hand around her thin waist and nuzzle my nose in her neck. Her scent goes through my nostrils and into my body, giving me pleasure and goosebumps.

Her scent is so good. It gives my wolf and I tranquility and pleasure. It is the best scent of the world. I peck the mark on her neck.

Her eyes open slightly as she turns around in my arms. Her eyes focus on me for a moment. "Alex..?" She murmurs then smiles as she relaxes her head on my shoulder and falls asleep again.

I smile as I trace her face with my hand. Her bruises are barely visible now and the cut across her forehead is also fading. I'm glad her wolf is curing her quickly. Every time I look at her wounds, I am reminded that she is hurt because of me. I didn't know how to take care or her and that hurts me.

I tighten my arm around her. "I love you." I whisper her ear. I know she didn't hear me but it feels good to tell her. Right now, that's my only truth. The only thing that matters.

____________

I wake up to an empty bed. My hand shuffles the space next to me and I am on my feet in a split of a second when I realize that it's empty. My wolf wants to get out but I fight him and concentrate on the noise in the room.

I sigh of relief when I realize that it's the shower running. She's in the shower. I cover my face with my hands as she turns it off.

"Alex? Are you alright?" She asks a moment later.

I walk to her and embrace her tightly. "I am now." She is just wearing a towel around her and my wolf demands me to kiss her until we run out of breath but I focus on her feet. "You are standing on both feet." I realize.

She smiles. "Yes! Isn't great? I can walk again!" She says as she wiggles her ankle in the air.

I smile. "Good because you are coming with me today."

She frowns. "With you? Where?"

I trace her cheek with my finger. "I don't want to let you out of my sight. So please get ready." I peck her lips and then get in the shower myself.

I get dressed quickly then walk out of the restroom. Leila is frowning at her reflection in the mirror. "God. I look horrible. I hate that damn scar!" She says mentioning to the cut on her forehead. She is dressed in shorts with a simply blouse and sandals. Her hair is up in a ponytail.

"You are beautiful." I tell her admiring her beauty.

She blushes. "Please. You're just saying that because your wolf is making you say that."

I put an arm around her waist as I smile down at her. "Maybe but in reality, I'm just saying the truth. Besides, those scars will all disappear the moment your wolf takes over."

She frowns again. "Which means that I will have these scars forever!"

It pains me the way she thinks. The way she doesn't accept her wolf. I want to pressure her or cause her to accept her but I know that she won't appreciate that. I just want her to be happy. I have also noticed that she doesn't eat as much chocolate anymore and I take that as a good thing.

I grab her hand and pull her behind me. "Come on, lets go."

I lead her out, into my truck where I drive us to the pack jail, which is where I'm mostly at. I reunite my pack for meetings constantly and we meet behind the pack jail. There's a huge land space which works for me. When I get there, everyone is already there and they are, all talking at the same time.

Leila sighs when I open the door for her. "I seriously don't think this is necessary."

I frown. "What is?"

She gives me that look. "Alexander, I can take care of myself."

My chest actually tightens at the sound of her saying my name. Every time. "Leila, I don't know what I would do if anything happened to you. So, please, just bear with me."

She rolls her eyes at me but gets off the truck. "With one condition."

I raise my eyebrows. "Yes?"

She sighs. "No introducing-me-to-your-pack."

Somehow I knew she was going to say that and I was hoping she wouldn't. I want everyone to know who their Luna is. She deserves the respect and the loyalty. My wolf wanted me to do it the first time I found her but I do have some common sense. I want Leila to be the one to want that. I don't want to make her do anything, even if it kills me in the inside.

I sigh. "Fine." I grab her hand and pull her next to me.

"So what exactly it is that you do?" She asks as we walk.

"Apart from the business with all the other packs? I train my pack. We run for hours and then I assign them their shifts for the day."

"That sounds easy." She says with a shrug.

I half smile. "I wish it were as easy as it sounds."

I really do. It seems like its easy but it's not. I am constantly stressed which is the reason I am always in a bad temper. People don't understand the hard work being an Alpha takes. Specially from a pack as big as SilverMoon. I know that it has its advantages, but sometimes I wish it weren't that big. Leila is the only person who seems to calm me, except when she disobeys me or when she sneaks out which is kind of the same thing. I have thought about locking her up after the day she sneaked out to that club but Tony was actually the one to talk some sense into me.

Leila is a teenager after all. I guess I can't wait for the day she accepts me and my pack for who we are.

"Yeah, well, I really hope you don't expect me to learn all of this stuff because I never liked school." Leila goes on.

I smile down at her. "I don't and I am actually not surprised."

We are now walking through the crowd and I watch with pride and respect as each and every one of them bows down to us.

"This is so awkward. " Leila whispers.

I actually chuckle. "I don't know how I've walked through here over and over without your side comments."

"I'm just saying." She says pouting a little.

I look down at her lips for a moment. They are so full and with a glint of pink. My wolf demands me to take her into a room and mate with her right there. We've been wanting to do that since the day I laid my eyes on her. I don't know how I have resisted on doing that. For one, she would hate me for making her and I would hate myself for hurting her.

Without even noticing, I am being pushes away from her. And then I realize that it was her who stopped walking. She's talking to Jake and I growl at the sight.

That makes her look up at me and she rolls her eyes. Right I am overreacting.

Tony clears his throat next to me and I turn to look at him but keeping an eye on my girl. "We need to talk about the shifts?" He says then begins to talk but I am not listening. I am watching her. I watch as she laughs with Jake and I hate that he makes her laugh. She never laughs like that with me. They are talking now and I watch as a frown forms in her forehead as Jake tells her something. I try to listen what he's saying but I can't stop looking at her beautiful face.

And then she turns to look at me and glares.

I watch as she makes her way towards me with Jake walking awkwardly behind her.

"Jake is not allowed to go visit me?" She demands.

"Leila, not now." I tell her through clenched teeth. Members from the pack are already looking our way. My wolf doesn't like to see her angry but he is angry at her for disrespecting us in front of our pack.

"What do you mean not now?" She asks crossing her arms. "Who the hell do you think you are to prohibit people to see me?"

"I am your mate!" I yell at her as I put my arms around her waist.

She pushes me away. "Don't touch me!"

"Everyone leave!" I yell.

We are alone in a split of a second.

I look at her with disapproval. "I am your Alpha, you can't disrespect me in front of anyone."

She shakes her head. "You are not my Alpha! I have never agreed to be in your pack. Now tell me, why did you prohibit Jake to see me?"

"Because he can't protect you! He will no longer be in charge of you. I have put Jordan and Patrick in charge of you now."

"What? You can't just go around and put me bodyguards. I want Jake! If he's not it, then I don't want anyone!"

I grab her by the shoulders and growl at her. "Why do you protect him so much? I am your mate!"

She frowns. "Are you fucking kidding me right now? Alexander, Jake is the only friend I have here, why can't you understand that?"

"You have me."

"Yeah but it's not the same thing. You know apart from my boyfriend, I like to have other friends!"

I frown. "Your boyfriend?"

She actually blushes a little. "That is all you are to me, Alex. You are not my Alpha or my mate or whatever it is that you call it. I am human. Therefore, all you are to me is my boyfriend. And I am warning you, I don't like the jealous , possessive ones."

Her words sooth me and make me call down a little. She actually think of us as a relationship and that's all I've ever wanted.

I put my arms around her waist possessively. "I am sorry but I will always be possessive over you."

She looks up at me. "I need you to stop threatening Jake."

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "If that will make you happy."

She smiles. "Very much."

I peck her lips and then I can't resist anymore as I interlace my lips with hers. She responds back and that makes me very happy.

I've never liked it when she gets angry at me for whatever reason but the reconciliation always makes it worth it.

Comment and vote if you'd like!
Will dedicate chapter to one of you, I just don't know who it is yet! Lol :D