Chapter Twelve

I pace around the living room, impatiently.

"Leila, what's wrong?"

"Nothing." I answer.

Jake raises an eyebrow and gestures to the chocolate wrappers on the floor. "Really?"

I sigh as I sit next to him. "Jasper and I kind of have a history."

He chokes on the sip of water he had been drinking. "What?"

I roll my eyes at him. "I don't like repeating myself, Jake."

"You and Alpha Jasper went out?" He whispers.

I almost laugh at how ridiculous he looks. He said it like its a crime or something. I shrug. "I met him when I was in FadedNight. We were attracted to each other and, well he's handsome."

He's looking at me with wide eyes. He looks like a scared puppy. I want to laugh again at that joke. "You can't tell the Alpha."

I frown. "Why?"

"Are you kidding? He will start a fight with him and that will probably lead to a war. I know that the Alpha is willing I kill anyone for you but don't forget that Jasper is an Alpha too. Do you really want the Alpha to get hurt?"

I had not thought about that. Actually, I never really think about anyone but myself. I hate to admit is but Jake is right. This is will lead to a war and I am not selfish enough to not care about that. I don't want Alex to get hurt. Since when do I care about him anyway?

Right. Since the day I admitted I might have some mutual feelings for him. God. I hate feelings. It's like a contagious disease. I shutter just at the thought of it.

Alexander walks in on cue.

"Where's Japer?" I ask looking behind him.

"He's in his room." And then his expression hardens. "Why are you asking for him?"

I walk closer to him. "I want him out of here, Alex."

He frowns. "Why?"

"Does it matter?" I pout. "Please? I have a good reason, I swear."

He shakes his head. "Jasper is here for pack business, Leila. He can't leave."

"He can, if you ask him."

"I thought you knew him."

"I do." I sigh. "Let's just say that Jasper and I didn't end in good terms."

"Did he hurt you?"

Yes, he did.

I sigh as I touch his cheek. "I will tell you as soon as he leaves." I get on my tiptoes so that I'm not that short and so that he's not as intimidating. "Please?" I whisper and my lips brush against his neck.

Alex stares at me with those mesmerizing, blue eyes of his and then he finally nods. "Okay but you owe me an explanation."

I sigh of relief. "Thank you."

He holds my face in his hands as he pecks my forehead. "I would do anything for you." He whispers and then walks away.

I am relieved.

Clapping behind me makes me jump but I turn around to see Jake smirking.

"Wow." He sighs with a smile. "You really know how to work Alphas."

I shrug. "I've got my charms."

He laughs. "I know you do."

I throw a pillow at him. "Shut up or I'll tell him you're flirting with me."