33:promises

Jared's pov

After finishing a long meeting with Noah I headed to the kitchen preparing to make my  usual pancakes.I thought of making some extra for later .

Half way through making the second batch of  the batter I felt her presence.I heard her sharp intake of breath.She must not have known I was here.

My wolf was angry and sad .For the past weeks, we got nothing but complete rejection from our mate.she told me she needs time ,and I respected that.
Zander  told me something happened to her in the past that made her close off completely from her family and friends .I hated the fact that he knew more about my mate than I did .

I felt the urge to look at her,and so I did .I looked up at guilty eyes and noticed them lowering slowly.
Her gaze fixated on my pancakes and honestly I wish she looked at me the same way she looked at the pancakes.

I went over to the stack of pancakes and filled up a plate for her.
"Here have some," I said before turning my back and walking out of the kitchen.

I heard hurried footsteps behind me .

"I'm sorry okay!"she cried .
I looked back at her in shock.
I  wouldn't  have thought of getting any emotions from her  and right now she was tearing in front of me breaking her own rules.

"I can't tell you how i want this to work.Gosh from the moment i saw you walk into that office i wanted to jump you . Ever since that day my mind has been going through all the scenarios where  i  screw things up"
She breathed heavily while i stood there frozen replaying what she's saying.Every word she said was being saved deep into a treasure chest.

"You don't want me .I'm going to disappoint you. "She laughed wiping her tears.

"This is all just pathetic "she muttered.

I walked her way and kissed her.

Our slow kisses turned into a feral,
dangerous one. Moving faster,
never getting enough of each other. We wanted more. A lot more.
This feels so good. This feels right.
It seems as if the kiss gets deeper and more passionate with each passing second.

We broke the kiss but our foreheads remained closing the distance between us as our hot breath mingled.

"Never think for even a second that i don't want you,Avalon"

she looked at me for the longest moment then pulled away.

"you don't know me ,Jared"

"then tell me !I want to know everything .open up to me,"I begged her with my eyes

"i promise i will "

"but not now?"i asked sadly.i detect some amusement in her eyes before it's quickly replaced with the same emptiness that has been there ever since i met her.

"no ,but i will very soon"and with that she ran .

Leaving me to the memories of her lips that made me doubt whether this was all just a dream.

.........................................

                                         Elina's pov

The sun was burning me slowly but i had to resist until my timer goes off.
"How many minutes  left? "I groaned impatiently.
"5 more minutes "Rima answered me.
We were tanning on the beach while the guys were swimming .
"This is longer than microwave minutes "I complained.

"Fight for that beautiful golden goddess tan!"

I had my eyes closed behind my sunglasses as rima and I chatted. Suddenly I felt something
blocking my sun as water dripped on top of me.