Intimidation

My whole life I've always been a sarcastic, naive but nice, asshole. My mouth has always got me in trouble. Intimidation has never once got to me. Until now, that is.

CO Andrews had come to retrieve me to meet the warden and assign me to a job. As we were walking down the stairs leading to the open space where all the women sat conversing, arguing, playing cards and whispering, they all stopped what they were doing and focused attention on to me. Tori, oh the so beautiful, supposed "mean mother fucker" as Jj says, had her eyes fixated in my own. That oh so sexy smirk gracing her face. Her hazel eyes sparkling in curiosity. I could feel my stomach start doing somersaults. Not exactly due to the attention I was receiving from her... But, the fact I almost felt like she was trying to intimidate me.

"My bunk is available, anytime baby." A woman who looked to be in her 30s shouted at me. She was definitely butch. Short blonde pixie cut. Big chocolate brown eyes. Heart shaped face with plump lips. She was definitely a 'hot' butch.

I just kept a straight face and continued to follow CO Andrews. "Nah, she looks like little miss perfect. Probably robbed a COACH store or something." Tori shouted out, obviously trying to embarrass me. Which, I don't know what came over me. But, considering the fact my child hood was shit, I grew up with no family. Nobody to rely on.... "You don't know shit about me." I glared at her. Everyone in the room shut up quickly. Tori's beautiful smirk dropped into a frown. She just stared me down. CO Andrews finally opened the door and led me out into the corridor. Before the door clicked shut, I heard Tori yell out to me, "This ain't over, Princess!"

"First day, already pissing off one of the most feared women here. Good going, Fuller. Although, slightly impressed." He said in amusement. I just rolled my eyes at the guy and continued walking to the warden.

.......

I really did not understand why the Wardens had to be on the complete opposite side if the prison. Walking with your hands cuffed and feet shackled for that long... Is not exactly the most comfortable.

As we reached the Wardens office, I noticed the gigantic sign in the door that read, 'WARDEN KLANGSTIN'. As we walked into the office, I noticed the strong smell of Strawberries hitting my nose, reminding me of my favorite food. Strawberry Shortcake.

I looked around the room and noticed how dull it looked. Grey walls. Brown carpet. Large Oakwood desk. A large flat screen on the wall facing the desk.

Andrews gently pushed me towards the torn up, brown leather chair that looked to be from the 70s. I sat down slowly and looked straight ahead. A woman sat there. Looked to be of maybe 45. Her sandy blonde hair was pulled into a tight high pony tail. Sharp jaw line. Her lips were pursed and glasses laid on the bridge of her nose.

She quickly glanced down at the folder laying in front of her. "Amanda Emery Fuller. 5 years for honestly, a pity crime. I was honestly quite shocked they even gave you time, first offense and all." She paused and looked me over, possibly waiting for a reply. I didn't give her one.

"Anyways, I would like to discuss my rules. I would like to say I'm laid back. But, also a stickler at the same time. As long as my rules are being followed and you do exactly as I or the COs say, your time here should be a breeze." I internally laughed at this. If it came down to following their rules or the inmates. Pretty sure I would lick shit off of Big Berthas shoe if told.

"Okay, you don't speak much. So, job assignments. We have a couple of empty slots. The kitchen, which would include, prepping meals and serving. Mind you, all kitchen workers must wake up an hour before wake up call. There is a slot in laundry. Self explanatory. The library has a number of openings..." I cut her off quickly. "I would like the library one, ma'am".