Vulnerability

One thing that has always petrified me in my life, is being vulnerable. Being tossed around from foster home to foster home, has taught me ways to hide my vulnerabilities. Such as, a foster father who comes into your room late at night, drunk from all the alcohol that the state paid for. Forcing you to stand naked in front of him as he jacks off to your 13 year old body.

Disgusting, right?

Well, here I am. As vulnerable as ever, being stripped of all my rights. Standing here in all my glory, squatting over with my ass in a correction officers face... Coughing. If that's not vulnerable, I don't know what is.

"You can stand now, Fuller." The female officer, stated quite boredly. I wonder how many asses and pussies this woman has endured in her life.
I stood up straight and gave her a look of confidence. She kind of smirked at me then she tossed these ugly ass blue uniforms at me. "These are your clothes now, for the next 5 years. These are your shoes. And that look of confidence..." She trailed off, stepping closer to me, her lips almost touching my ear. "You're gonna need it." She took a step back and looked me up and down quickly. She shook her head, almost out of pity.

I rolled my eyes at her as she turned around and left the room. I looked over at the male guard who looked almost just annoyed by the female guard. He glanced at me and motioned for me to follow him. "I'm CO Andrews, that was CO Oldham. She's quote the asshole." He laughed at his supposed humor. I smiled, maybe prison wont be so bad.

As he led me down the long corridor, a woman, maybe in her late 30s or early 40s passed me, her eyes never left mine. Eyes of crystal blue. Eyes of cold. Eyes that reminded me of my own... She smirked at me as she passed.

I hope I look that good when I'm older. Jesus.

"Cell block rules, Fuller. I will leave that with inmate Joney. She's been here for awhile. Nice ole' lady. They all respect her in here. They call her the godmother. She will be your bunk mate. Each cell block has up to 15 inmates. Lights out by 9pm. No sex. No fighting. No touchy feely shit either."

He stopped in front of these giant white bolted doors. He scanned his badge and the doors slid open quickly. Inside, was a giant open space. All white. Everything white. The floors were concrete grey. In front of me were 3 round tables, large enough to seat 5 people probably. There was a set of stairs behind the tables that led up to a balcony that had 8 doors equally spaced out.

"There are 8 rooms. 2 people are bunked together. One room is reserved for a single inmate. When a inmate is acting out or not following rules. After 2 strikes, you will be in that room. Alone. No coming out. Not even for meals. Your meals will be brought to you. Each cell block is like a neighborhood to some of these women, Fuller. This one especially. Don't get on their bad side kid. Or you, will end up in the doctors office more often than not." He looked at me, then behind me at the sound of the doors sliding open.

He smiled, "Joney, this is your bunkmate. I'll leave the rest to you." CO Andrews took one last look at me and nodded before leaving.

I stood there. Watching this older woman just kind of watching me intently. I started to feel vulnerable once again...

"Sorry, kid. You just remind me of someone. Anyways, I'm Joney. You can call me Jj though. Most girls on our block call me Godmother or Jj. Choice is yours though." She smiled adoringly at me. "Come, follow me. I'll show you our room."

I followed this woman hesitantly. Could they really be this nice here? I mean, I've always imagine these women all scary and abusive and.... I don't know... Evil.

As we entered the room, i noticed it was actually kind of cozy. The walls were all white and the floors concrete. But, there was a blue shaggy rug in front of the bunk bed. A desk in the corner with a radio and a small television. Pictures hanging all over the walls. Nice pictures. Like of oceans and corn fields. It felt homey.

"Top bunk is yours, kid. I've slept on this bottom bed for years. I haven't had a bunk mate in... Well... Years. I'm assuming there wasn't many open beds left. At least, in the white areas.
I'm going to fill you in on some things kid. I can already tell some of these women are going to try and claim you. Force you to do things. You're a very attractive young lady. You're silky blonde hair will make them swoon alone. You're tiny. Short. Nice body. And a very attractive face." I widened my eyes. Is this old lady coming on to me?

As if she could read minds, "Don't worry kid. I've been married for 25 years. He passed away a couple of years ago. But, he was my soul mate. My everything. I would never come on to anyone for as long as I live." I smiled sincerely at her. I really need to be on her good side at all times.

"So, we are Cell Block A-3. As you can see, nobody is here at the moment. It's 1255. Lunch is from 1130 to 1230. Then, there is recreation from 1230 to 130. After that, we all come back here. Relax, nap, converse until supper. Supper is at 530 to 630. Then we return to our cell block for the night. Lights out at 9. Meaning we need to be in our rooms at 9. I usually sleep at that time. Some women read, talk or you know... Mess around. Wake up time is 630. Breakfast at 7 to 8. Then, we have jobs. I'm sure yours will be assigned today at some point. I run the library." She was so homey, sweet. I smiled at her. "I love books. Reading always took me to a better place when I was a kid." She smiled sweetly at me once again. "Well, I know we need more help in the library. You should ask them about it."

Her face turned serious..."I need to let you know.. Not all the women here are like me. Most aren't. You need to keep out of the way. But head held high. Show confidence. But not too much. Do not be intimidating. But, do not be submissive either. Think of it as... Highschool. Just... With murderers and druggies and sex offenders. There will be women that will ask you if you need protection. Or security. Politely turn them down. They will make you do things for protection. How long you here for?" She asked curiously. "Well, 5 years. They said 3 with good behaviour." I responded sadly. "Good. That's like a week for some of us. Our cell block has a gang.. Tori runs it. She is something... Just don't mess with her. But I can promise you. She wont hurt you. She wont probably talk to you either. As long as you don't fuck her over kid." I gave her a slight look of horror. "That will be definitely noted. Thank you JJ. For everything."

She smiled at me again. "I do have a question, whats your full name?" Not even thinking, "Amanda Emery Fuller. Although, everyone just calls me Mandy." I noticed her eyes widened slightly. Then she smiled, "I think you'll be taken care of here kid." I gave her a confused look, but brushed it off.

We both turned our attention to the main doors when they clicked open. I noticed CO Oldham walking in, looking smug. Following behind her was a very beautiful woman. She couldn't be a day older than 25. Tall, maybe 5 foot 10 if not taller. Caramel skin. Slender but muscular frame. Her chocolate silky hair reached just above her perky breasts. Her jaw, strong and firm. Her lips were plump. And her arms... Oh man, this woman worked out.

I didn't realize how long I was staring until JJs voice broke me from my trance. "That's Victoria Mendez. Or better known as Tori." She chuckled at my reaction of this beautiful woman before me. "Don't be fooled, kid. Beneath all that beauty, is one mean mother fucker." She giggled.

I looked at Jj again. Enjoying her loud Chewbacca like laugh. I looked back down and was greeted by hazel eyes.
And, the smirk that would steal my heart.