We waited for her footsteps to die, when Eva finally sighed out loudly. "I'm so sorry about Ned. You have absolutely got no idea how horrible and disgusted I feel at the very moment with myself."

"You don't have to apologize Eva. It wasn't your fault. Besides it wasn't anyone's fault well except for mine perhaps."

I saw Eva swallowing hard. She sat down on the couch and shook her head fervently.

"I've-hmmph...I've been a jerk to you lately Gwen. I feel so stupid. All those years back in Edinburgh we've been the best of friends but-I...kept envying you everytime, though I never showed it. I guess Ned told you that already."

"He did," I couldn't help but stifle a giggle, "He did say something about it."

"Everyone liked you Gwen, many of my crushes fancied you. I was-uhm-really kiddo about it though..wanted to get the same attention, but I never did. Anyway, I couldn't help myself to liking you anymore and I tried to be sweet to you when you first came home, guess that didn't work out right, did it?"

I shook my head in resentment and mumbled, "It's alright Eva."

"Yesterday when Ned was leaving...he wanted to call you real bad..but-I told him off about it. I'm really sorry Gwen."

"You did what?" I couldn't help sounding exceptionally icy.

"I am sorry Gwen." 

At the moment I was starting to hate every ounce of her. Nothing made me seem to forgive her for what she did. She was a complete toe-rag and the biggest b- I ever met, even bigger than Surly.

"Why would you do that?" I managed to say with so much composure, yet my tone remained as haughty as ever.

"I never liked you, but I was a jerk about-"

"Ned always did and you stopped him from calling me. That was the meanest thing you could ever do!"

"Goddammit! I did say I was sorry!" she started getting agitated. 

Without another word, I pelted away, warm tears starting to blurry my vision.

What a sick world I live in! I thought as I carried my legs to where ever they would lead me to. 

The whole world seemed to hold a grudge against me.

Mel had never bothered to call me, despite all the promises that she had made the previous night. 

I walked into the warmth of a tiny little coffee shop and sat beside the window,hastily wiping off the tears behind the sleeves of my hoody.

"Can I get you something dear one?" an elderly woman wearing a flowery apron approached me.

"Just cappuccino please," I said 

"Right away dearie."

And she flagged away to the counters.

My phone bleeped with text messages from four different contacts; I opened them. The first was from Mel saying:

I have to meet you Gwen. Call ASAP!!

Oh and there's something that I must tell you!

The second was from dad:

Gwen get your phone OFF that ruddy voicemail! CALL ASAP!!!

Frowning, I went on to the third one which was from Scarlet:

You disappeared off without a notice. Call back pls!!

That was obvious, I hadn't bothered waking either one of them before leaving. After the events of last night when Zack left, I returned home to find that all the lights had been turned off and both Scarlet and dad had  fallen asleep. I never slept the whole night, so I took shower in the early hours of morning and after a couple of hours tip- toed to see Eva.