13. the bad boy and the wedding

Mulai dari awal

          I have to admit, Archer looks good in a suit and tie.

          The music starts to play and everyone becomes silent, turning their heads to look at the bride. But I continue to look at Rob.

          He looks so happy and content like he's got everything he'd ever wanted and his life is now complete. He has no regret in life.

          Is this what love looks like?

          -

          "Hi, Chloe," Heidi greet me once I entered the bathroom. I smile back.

          I forgot that I had invited Heidi to the wedding. I didn't know she was going to show up. Well, it's a good thing she did.

          I walk beside her and wash my hands while she's fixing her makeup.

          The janitor left the bathroom, leaving the door open on her way out.

          "How's your relationship with Archer so far?" Heidi asks.

          I turn off the faucet and wipe my hands with the paper towel. "You know, he's actually different than what I had expected. I thought he would be a jerk but he's not," I tell her honestly.

          Heidi was clearly shocked at my words as she stopped putting on lipstick and turn towards me. "Do you- do you actually like him?"

           "I don't know."

          "Remember the plan Chloe. Date him, make him lose interest, and he dump you. You're dating him to spite him, not because you actually have feelings for him." Heidi reminds me.

          Remember why you started Chloe, I remind myself.

          "You're right. I mean, he'd probably done this before with a thousand other girls. It's probably just a trick he does to make them fall for him."

          Probably.

CHARLIE'S POV

          "Have you seen Chloe?" I ask Jace who looks drunk out of his mind right now.

          Jace ignores me and continue drinking his life away. I shake my head at the sight and leave him.

          I really need to find Chloe. I have to talk to her before I go back home tonight. I would've talked to her earlier but with that jerk always by her side, I couldn't.

          I make my way inside the building in search of Chloe. I turn around the corner and bumped into the one and only jerk.

          "Hey, have you-" I began but stopped once I saw the look on his face. He looks pissed off. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he ignores me and walk pass me in anger.

          That was weird.

          I shrug it off and continue my search for Chloe.

CHLOE'S POV

          "Chloe!" Charlie call out from across the hall. I smile back and walk to him.

          "What's up!"

          "What's up with Archer? He looked pissed off. I'm telling you, that guy is not good for you." Charlie warns me about Archer for the millionth time since he found out that we're dating.

          "What do you mean?"

          "He just ignored me and walked away a few seconds ago looking like he's about to kill someone." He explains.

           A few seconds ago? Did he heard me and Heidi talking? The bathroom door was open so it was easy to hear us.

          Oh god. I hope he didn't.

          "Well anyway, can I talk to you for a minute?" Charlie broke my train of thoughts.

          I nod my head yes.

          I thought he was just going to talk here but he opens the door to a room in the hallway. I follow behind him. He makes sure to close the door right after.

          "Okay... What's going on? You're scaring me. This looks like the start of a scary movie." I chuckle nervously.

          He sighs before speaking, "I talked to your mom."

          I raise an eyebrow in questioning.

          "She's worry about you. Ever since Serena-"

          I stop him when I see where this is going. "No. Stop. Don't do this to me, Charlie. Don't give me the 'it's not your fault' crap. I've heard it about a thousand times already, okay. I'm done listening."

          He wasn't there when it happened.

          I walk away without a glance back.